Diagnosis
12/2017
Country
Us
State
Virginia
City
Carrollton
The use of acronyms is especially helpful for anyone with challenging typing skills. On the other hand it sometimes hinders folks like myself who are not yet acclimated to their use. My question: Is it possible to implement a "trigger action" that would automatically expand the acronym when they are entered into a post? As a retired computer designer/programmer I could envision such an algorithm but my skill set is so antiquated I cannot provide specifics.

I feel your acronym pain. Although I understand where your suggestion is coming from, the acronyms allow us to have a more readable post. Just my 2 cents.

Angie

Angie and Greg; your points are well taken. Lazy is an appropriate moniker for me. While I don't want to spend the time finding the acronyms in the acronyms list I certainly understand the benefit of using them. I lost sight of the added length it would cause to the text of posts if the acronyms were automatically expanded. Good call!

I'd be too lazy to look everything up on the acronym list, but printing it out and having a literal sticky next to the computer is an option.

I love TLAs :lol:

Tillie! You did that on purpose! And I looked it up and had the first good laugh this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back