Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Texas
City
North Richland Hills
Our contractor's called and will start the remodel in a month.Any suggestions , or tips for us ? Did y'all move out of your home , and stay at the house during the day ?I'm really getting nervous about it hope it is fairly painless.I know our 3 dog's will go crazy , maybe me too...Any advice would be welcome.

We stayed. A mild PITA.

We intend to stay. We are having the guest bathroom done first so we can use it while the master is being demolished. There is a lot less to do in the guest bath and no deconstruction other than the door widening to take place. Other mods should just be inconvenient as far as sleeping arrangements.

Ray

Our only inconvenience has been not having the toilet a few days and today they are busting up tile and pulling carpet to put the wood floors in. Our guys started in December and said they should be finished next week. Fingers crossed!

Thank you all. We are going to stay at home too.

It really depends on your health and scope of work.

Gooseberry , my husband is still mobile and healthy , if you don't factor in the mic-key and his inability to talk.He s using his text to talk more.The contractor is remodeling the master bath , enlarging doors ,new flooring and French doors.Quisenberry has very good rating , so I'm just hoping for the best. Every thing has just been overwhelming since we got the DX in August.

We stayed,, contractordid all he could to lessen the inconvenience.
When done you ll love it and should be helpful.
Think about a ceiling lift now cause down the road you ll need it.

Thank you Chalky ,I keep telling myself that.We have been in our home 36 year's , we have a lot of stuff.We've started clearing closets out.I really don't know how our kids ever lived here, we've taken over closet in the house .

We also stayed--can't think of where we could have gone for as long as it took. Main inconvenience was dust and sometimes noise. But we are lucky (I guess) to have a big house, and I could still get up and down stairs to our then bedroom and bath fairly easily. Good luck.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back