View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 07:53 PM #15 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another "Bulbar ALS?" Thread

I would think you should pursue this with him as it sounds very much like anything else but ALS/MND.
Acute denervation in one area certainly points to something else and he is moving to the next appropriate tests.

You don't really describe bulbar ALS anyway, I know you have some swallowing problems, but ALS is not the only cause of swallowing issues, just like brain cancer is not the only cause of headaches.

Let us know what the diagnosis turns out to be, but let this go and let your doctors do their job now - they have the expertise to figure out a path without you pushing for an end result of your own. All the best - I'm so glad you have such a great result so far!