Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
California
Hello everybody! I have been thinking about this for two weeks and I really cant let it go. My mind is ruined because of all thinking. I sleep extremely bad I can not talk to anyone and I always have a lump in my throat because of all the concerns. I never thought I would be here and write in this forum. But in the end I could not resist it.

About two weeks ago I began to get muscle twitching all over my body the first week I did not think so much about it. After the second week, I started searching for answers and then I found ALS to my surprise.

In two weeks I have had twitching throughout my body. I started doing all sorts of strength tests I can handle everything without any problem besides a few things and this is what.

I can not apply pressure to my little finger and the ring finger from the side and when I pull down my thumb its the same. But from every other direction I can apply pressure. My grip is extremly good in all fingers I can do pull ups with only my little finger and ring finger I can do push ups with my fingers not using my palm. The toes are also weak but not that much. The strength is symmetrical in all fingers and toes. In my free time I train alot I lift really heavy without any problems and iam 24 years old male!

The reason that made me so scared is, many say that muscle twitching comes after weakness when I realized I could not do this, I immediately became extremely scared. I wanted to add that I dont have any muscle atrophy in my hands.

My question is..

1. How important is it to be able to resist pressure from the side of my fingers? Maybe it has been like this all my life..

2. Does it count as clinical weakness even tough I can do all other stuff with my fingers?

3. Is the weakness symmetrical on ALS?

4. The twitching that I had in my whole body for two weeks went to my right calf and a little bit to the left this lasted two days. Is it a good or bad sign?

I know you are here to help each other and not others who do not have this diagnosis. But I would really be grateful to you from all of my heart just to take a little bit from your time. I promise that I will leave the group immidately if your answers come back positive.

Thank you so much!!

should you worry? No.

Should you read the Pinned Post shockingly titled Read Before Posting? Yep! :)

Twitching means squat.
Twitching is far too common to be diagnostic of anything.

Your description of weaknesses is odd and not clear, but it sounds reeeaaaaly far fetched.

It can be worrying to spot a weakness and not be sure if you had it before. If you are concerned, why not see your doc and ask him/her to test your strength so you will have a baseline for the future? S/he can also tell you if s/he sees what you describe often.

But you aren't presenting anything that sounds like ALS. All the best.
--Laurie

Hello my friend! Iam not worried about the twitching its more about the weakness in my little finger and ring finger the strength is symmetrical in both. I cant do the fanning strength test there is no resistans at all but I can do all other stuff that I mentioned before. Is that a sign of weakness? Hope you got it right now.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for your answer Laurie! But isnt it strange that I have symmetrical weakness in little and ring finger in both hands. Is it like that ALS occur? Like I said before i have strength in my finger with gripping stuff but zero resistans when I do the fanning thing to my fingers. Should I be worried about that?

I am ruined,

I'm sorry you feel that these symptoms you're having, which are nothing at all like ALS, are leaving you ruined.
If you're so concerned, first and most logical step, is to go to your doctor.

Absolutely nothing you posted sounds like ALS presentation. Your "weakness" or other symptoms.

Take good care.

Thank you so much for your answer bestfriendstilltheend!

Iam so afraid to visit my doctor dont have the guts for it!

So the reason I posted this was because Iam twitching all over my body, and then I tried som strenght test I managed to do everything without any problem the only thing that I couldnt do was the fanning thing with both my hands/fingers that got me so worried.

Hi Ruined.
Relax. No sign at all of ALS.
--symmetric weakness? No, ALS is not symmetric at all.
--24 years old? No, that would be incredibly unusual.
--twitching? Twitching occurs in so many conditions, it is not diagnostic of anything. Don't worry about twitching. Healthy people twitch.
You do not have ALS. You really never develop ALS. Don't even think about it.

You should just know how much I appreciate you all for taking your time to calm me down! You are helping people even tough you have been diagnosed with this horrible disease, my god you are so strong human beings with big hearts.

I have not been able to sleep or watch myself in the mirror for over a week. Everything feels so incredibly good right now, thanks to you my wonderful souls. I wish that people gets more aware about this disease and that we can put an end to it someday. Nobody deserves this!!

Take care! =)

Hello again everyone! I gave you my word that I would leave and never return to ask another question. I promise you I meant it but there is one last thing I want to know and you will never hear about me again.

How important it is to be able to do the fanning thing with my fingers? When I press them togheter I have zero resistans and I cant do it in any hand/fingers but my grip and strength is perfecftly fine.

Again thank you so much for your time!

Please go see your doctor. The is not a general health forum, nor is it appropriate to continue asking questions after the very experienced members here have said no ALS.

Please do not post anything further unless it's to report what your doctor has said. Continued questions here mean you are under the control of anxiety. That is not something we can help you with here.

I know exactly what you mean and I appreciate it! But the only thing that made me come back is just to know how important it is to be able to do that fanning test? I would be so glad if you just answered that and you wont see anything from me after this I promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back