Thread: P&C Exam
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:20 PM #5 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: P&C Exam

Our C&P Examiner didn't know shit. He read the question, and we answered it, and he wrote the answer down.

I thought it would have to be a doctor, so I called him doctor. But after a few minutes, I noticed that my wife, the patient--who actually was a working MD--was explaining things to the C&P examiner in lay terms.

Useless visit. Just a legal hoop to jump through. Only problem is that the C&P Examiner can screw it up and you have to start all over again. So be sure the C&P gets a good answer every time. and make sure he understands the full ramifications of the exam. To him, this is just another appointment. To you, it's a million-dollar, life-or-death situation.

No matter if you see an MD or not, be sure that the examiner understands you're dying soon. I found that most medical people PRETEND to understand ALS, but they don't know jack.