Diagnosis
12/2017
Country
US
State
SC
City
Charleston
Got one tomorrow morning regarding my 100% disability claim for ALS. Someone explain to me how a general practitioner is going to validate what it took neurologists 5 months to figure out?

Basically they just review symptoms, when things started, etc. They enter it directly in the sysrem. My husbands toom 30 min

Our primary doctor had all the notes from every doctor we saw, and there were a lot.She even sent notes from our speech pathologists swallow test.We took the "book " to the VA and were approved in 2 days.Our Paralyzed Vet rep is wonderful.He told us about the HISA, SAH grant , and van conversions.He said it was better to do everything early.After meeting with him , we got call's daily from the VA for appointments. They have helped with everything. Good luck.

Our C&P Examiner didn't know shit. He read the question, and we answered it, and he wrote the answer down.

I thought it would have to be a doctor, so I called him doctor. But after a few minutes, I noticed that my wife, the patient--who actually was a working MD--was explaining things to the C&P examiner in lay terms.

Useless visit. Just a legal hoop to jump through. Only problem is that the C&P Examiner can screw it up and you have to start all over again. So be sure the C&P gets a good answer every time. and make sure he understands the full ramifications of the exam. To him, this is just another appointment. To you, it's a million-dollar, life-or-death situation.

No matter if you see an MD or not, be sure that the examiner understands you're dying soon. I found that most medical people PRETEND to understand ALS, but they don't know jack.

Mike is right, if C& p mess paper work then problems arise and you don't need that.
Get in touch with PVA rep they will help .
This is usually routine with ALS but trouble lurks at every desk of some fool.
Never accept NO from va
Get all that's coming to ya brother
Good luck

Basically they just review symptoms, when things started, etc. They enter it directly in the sysrem. My husbands toom 30 min
And that is exactly what she did today. Took less than 30 minutes total.

I'm really glad to hear it was easy. Hope all goes well. Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back