Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
Does anyone here have any experience with cork flooring and pwcs? Specifically, how well does that material hold up to the abuse of a pwc? We are thinking of replacing our current kitchen flooring (worn-out linoleum) with cork. I like the look of cork and how it would contrast (but not clash) with our surrounding red oak floors.
Thanks,

No personal experience, but the power of Google found this and this and it kinda makes sense. But maybe there is some kind of super cork, polymer-infused, something like that...

Cork flooring would be too soft for a pwc.

We had industrial carpeting put in the bedroom and family room where Frank stays and was told that it would be ok because there is no pile. Although there is no real problem moving the chair on this carpet, the weight has caused stretching of the carpet causing small waves of carpet sticking up. I wish we had gone with tile or hardwood.

Sharon

I love cork flooring but I'm afraid it's a no go for PWC. Linoleum and other materials have come a long way in looks and durability. I have all tile that looks like wood but it is very hard on my feet.

I found a list of types of flooring recommended for PWC.

The following flooring tends to wear well, but whatever style flooring you choose, commercial grade flooring is always the most durable. Most all of the flooring comes in a rainbow of colors and patterns.
Residential inlaid sheet vinyl (NOT standard roto-vinyl, but inlaid)
Commercial inlaid sheet vinyl
Vinyl composition tile
Luxury vinyl tile and planks
Ceramic tile
Stone
High end, commercial grade laminate wood
High end commercial carpet tile

You guys are so helpful. I’ll go to a flooring store and look at some of those other options. Thanks again for your input.

Karen , a few years ago we had cork planks put down. They look just like wood.They look beautiful but they get scratched so easily. We definitely had buyers remorse.The VA is replacing them with tile floors.Happy floor shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back