Diagnosis
11/2017
Country
US
State
MN
City
Detroit Lakes
Chronic Wasting Disease and Mad Cow Disease in Cattle and Deer and Elk and ALS Lou Gehrig Disease in Humans have lots in common it appears to me.

I'm going to look into this more.

I'm sure science is looking at this.

Am I ringing any bells.

No bells. Mad Cow is a prion disease, caused by small infectious particles. ALS does not appear to be related to prions. ALS probably has more to do with gene mutations, though it’s possible that infections, trauma, or chemical exposures may trigger it, particularly in people with genetic susceptibility.

An example of a prion disease in humans is Creutzfeldt Jacob Disease, which causes rapid onset of dementia and myoclonus (large muscle jerking movements, like seizures). Brain specimens on autopsy have the appearance of holes punched out in the brain (like Swiss cheese). EEG tests of the brain shows distinctive abnormalities.

I’m unaware of any connection between polio vaccine and ALS, if that’s what you’re asking.

There are rare reports of people getting a flaccid (low muscle tone) paralysis following polio vaccine. For oral polio vaccine, that amounts to one case in 2.5 million vaccine recipients (I looked it up), and mostly in people who have a specific type of immunodeficiency related to B cells. Again, this has nothing to do with ALS.

Where are you going with this inquiry?

Hey Karen,

Didn't you know? It's a new thread called "Ask the Doctor." :p:p:p:lol:

No bells. Mad Cow is a prion disease, caused by small infectious particles. ALS does not appear to be related to prions. ALS probably has more to do with gene mutations, though it’s possible that infections, trauma, or chemical exposures may trigger it, particularly in people with genetic susceptibility.

An example of a prion disease in humans is Creutzfeldt Jacob Disease, which causes rapid onset of dementia and myoclonus (large muscle jerking movements, like seizures). Brain specimens on autopsy have the appearance of holes punched out in the brain (like Swiss cheese). EEG tests of the brain shows distinctive abnormalities.
have thought that my wife's heavy doses of chemo for breast cancer may have played a roll in her ALS onset. Haven't registered her on the ALS registry bur am interested if there are others who suspect chemo as a trigger.

have thought that my wife's heavy doses of chemo for breast cancer may have played a roll in her ALS onset. Haven't registered her on the ALS registry bur am interested if there are others who suspect chemo as a trigger.
Radiation for sure I'm looking at.

TV and Microwaves and Dental and Cellphones and computers and Electronic devices in general..

Our military uses tons of this stuff..

Nuclear Reactors..

My only theory is that ALS onset is a cumulative effect of head injuries, toxins in the environment, ingested and injected toxins, and probably other things. I think it takes some kind of trigger to push the neurons over the edge. I think, for me, it was a head injury. I come from a cluster area and lived with smokers from birth until age 22. After that I bought a house on a heavily pesticided golf course and lived there for 25 years. I also worked in a moldy building where another friend and faculty member died of ALS. We worked together for about 15 years. There was also a lot of cancer in that building and still is even after remediation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back