Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
IA
City
Cedar Rapids
Is there a connection? My grandma had FTD. I remember before things started getting bad how it started and then began to spread and get really bad. The itching was intense.

I've had a rash for about two weeks and was putting an anti-fungal on it. Went to Urgent Care yesterday and she said that she could not prescribe because it's a systemic fungal infection and the meds I'll need will need liver monitoring.

Just wondering if there is some kind of correlation between MND and fungal rashes.

Only to the extent that heat and moisture build up with less mobility, hygiene is always key, and nutrition/hydration/immune health may play a role as well.

Dry skin is the first thing to stabilize, as scratching obviously makes it worse.

Some have found the Nutribiotic and other local preparations (sprays, ointments) helpful for both prevention and treatment.

Yeast buildup in the Y ports of a feeding tube can contribute also

If this persists you could use antifungal cream. You can find these OTC. There is also a med for fungal conditions that get out of control. Her PCP could Rx it for her. I can't remember the name of the med but it often used to contain such issues.

Good luck.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back