Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
East Lothian
City
Musselburgh
Hello
I am new to this forum. I am in uk in Scotland not diagnosed but very very scared that I may have als.
About 8 months ago I started to get pins and needles down one side of left hand and pinky which then went to feet in both legs. Not long after I started to get twitching in left hand which then spread all over including eyelid.

I did at one point experience a tremor in both arms when leaning on a counter top accompanied by pain in wrist.

Most recent has been stiffness in right hand and muscle pain in right arm and shoulder. tenderness at around achilles tendon on right leg too which seemed to give me a slight lump.

I can walk on tip toes and I can walk on my heels. I think I have brisk reflexes from my legs and slight atrophy in right hand.

I appreciate that many people on here are dealing with als as a reality but I would appreciate an opinion on whether those who know such as yourselves recognise my symptoms as als.

CT scan done of head last year which was normal.

Please read the stickies at the top of the sub-forum. You'll gain peace of mind and will find no need for this website anymore, as all your questions will be answered.

Take good care.

To add what you will read in the sticky, you describe the number of sensory symptoms including numbness and pain. ALS is the disease of motor nerves which would lead to weakness and difficulty performing activities such is standing on toes or heels .
So nothing that you have described fits with ALS.

Saw doc friday getting urgent referral to neurologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back