Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NE
City
LINCOLN
Hey, folks. I am a 26 year old woman living in the state of Nebraska. I am mother to one beautiful, perfect 14 month old.

First, I feel it necessary to commend each and every one of those whom actually "deserve" to be here... and by that, I mean those that have received diagnosis of ALS and still, for one reason or another, choose to spend any portion of their time here, alleviating fears or offering familial support. You are a strong, beautiful people.

On to my original purpose here, recently both my hands have begun seizing up. Now, I am not meaning I have panic. When i panic, my mouth and eye areas twitch and vibrate. No, i mean, once i have worked through those feelings of anxiousness, my hand still remain cramped.

It is not painful. My thumbs pull towards the space between my ring and middle fingers, which stiffen straight out, almost bent the other way. The fingers and hands are difficult to move perfectly, but I am capable thus far. The stange feeling travels up noth of my arms. They feel particularly... weak? Tired? They twitch strangely, in a way ai cannot feel, and can almost not be seen; I am hydrated and very nourished. Bloodwork has shown nothing abnormal, am waiting for insurance to go through before I may see neurologist. I have family depending on me.

Sypmtoms are minimal in the a.m., and progress to their worst in the late evening/night. Ingesting alcohol seems to make certain symptoms less obvious.

I am posting because the sticky labeledto be read before posting is contradictedby other information; both clinical and personal testimony.

Again, I have the most respect for you all. And of I am to join your ranks in the coming months, I should be proud yo be amongst such courageous and hardy folk.

Highest of Regards -
- DizMiss Jewels
Ps - symptoms seem to worsen with pressure, IE: blood pressure cuff

Sometimes, the simplest explanation is the right one. You lift and carry around a toddler with the hands that are cramping up. I'd do some stretching/carpal tunnel-type exercises, easily accessible via YouTube. And maybe consider a massage.

There are genetic palsies, etc. but those are much, much rarer than the hypothesis you are readily able to test.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for responding. I would side you on the side of muscle strain and overuse, were it not for how strange and sudden in the way this showed up. The good doc tells me he does not think this is carpel tunnel. It is there everyday now, and I feel it in my forearms as well.

Has anything that anyone here has experienced resembled this sudden, bilateral weakness/cramping?

For my wife with ALS, symptoms were subtle and slow to migrate... taking a course of years. Nothing was overnight and immediate. I hope in your pursuit for a cause of symptoms you find the remediation that you seek.

My best to you...

Jim

Thank you, Jim. My best to you and your wife.

Nothing in your question sounds like ALS to me. ALS symptoms do not get better or worse at different times of the day, and alcohol will not change that.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back