Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Minnesota
City
Minneapolis
Hello folks I posted on here awhile back. I'm a 26 year old male who has had bodywide (head to toe) twitches every day for the past 5+ months. I saw a neurologist in November and all was good except what he said was minor hypereflexia in my right leg/knee. Nomral MRI. I had a followup with my GP early December and she couldn't find any difference in reflexes or hypereflexia. I can still do pullups, lift weights, run, heel toe walk, stand on tip toes etc but I seem to get sore more easily, which could be from stopping my workouts when this all started.

I am just checking in to see that with 5 months of twitching and no progression to weakness can I close the chapter on ALS being a possibility or do I need to wait a little longer? Any advice?

You can close the chapter on ALS. It sounds like you have benign fasciculation syndrome. The keyword here is “benign”. It does not progress to ALS. Congratulations.

You can close the chapter on ALS. It sounds like you have benign fasciculation syndrome. The keyword here is “benign”. It does not progress to ALS. Congratulations.

Thank you very much for the response. So 5 months without any any symptoms of progression to weakness is long enough for me to put ALS fears to rest?
I have done lot's of research about BFS and it seems to overall fit me (especially due to widespread and not localized twitches) but I hadn't been able to fully conquer my questioning/fear.

Running- please take Karen's reassurance. This is wonderful news. I am so glad you have no need to continue researching and asking questions here. Please close the book on your anxiety over ALS. If you cannot, please make sure you find local support to help you through the anxiety.

Wonderful news that this chapter is finished for you. Be well.

Running- please take Karen's reassurance. This is wonderful news. I am so glad you have no need to continue researching and asking questions here. Please close the book on your anxiety over ALS. If you cannot, please make sure you find local support to help you through the anxiety.

Wonderful news that this chapter is finished for you. Be well.

Thank you very much. Time has been the only thing that has helped combat my anxiety, so I definitely plan on finding better ways to treat it. I appreciate all the help very much.

Runner, may I please ask why you're coming to the forum on a near monthly basis when you've been told umteen times that your symptoms are not ALS related? You've been cleared by doctors, been threatened with being banned, and reassured numerous times. What is it exactly that you're looking for? I say this with kindness, but please let go of your ALS obsession and go get counselling.

Enough already; you're doing this to yourself. No one else-just you. Don't you find that sad? Please go live your life and enjoy what you have, which is good health.

Good luck and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back