Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
FLORIDA
City
VERO BEACH
My wife was just started on Tizanidine for cramps and spasticity. She is having severe pain in her arms, hands and legs. What is the maximum effective dose that would help her. We are using a Nurses Practitioner who is not that familiar the doses for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, David

David-

Is the pain from spasticity? I want to make sure you aren't saying it's a side effect of the Tizanidine.

I take 12mg Tizanidine nightly to help with spasticity. I slowly titrated up from 2mg. It took me 6 weeks to get to my current dose. 12mgs held me for over 18 mos and I am just now contemplating increasing by 2mgs for breakthrough night spasticity.

This may seem a weird recommendation, but caffeine can potentiate the Tizanidine. So something like a small cup of tea before taking it might help her if you are worried about increasing the Tizanidine dose too much.

Hi David
I take 1/2 of a 4Mg. In the morning
1/2 of a 4Mg at 3pm
1 full 4Mg at 11pm
I also take Baclofen
1 10Mg in the morning
1 10Mg at 3pm
11/2 10Mg at 11pm
Hope this helps, I am pain free all day and been on this dosage for about 2 years.
Al

Pain is from spasticity. She cannot use her right hand and srm and cramps several times a day. Her left hand is getting bad also.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back