Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MD
City
Baltimore
Hello, I’m a 16 year old Caucasian male. I play tennis pretty much every day for three hours usually. For the past couple of months I have had non stop twitching everywhere from tounge to my legs. I went to my doctor about this issue and she’s ran weakness tests and took blood work and she said I was completely normal but had anxiety related twitching. I believed her and couple weeks went by and my neck and back went super stiff. I went to play tennis and I had tingling and (percieved i dont know) weakness through my arms and legs. I just need some reassurance that I am not going to lose my body and not be able to grow up into a man. I am able to run and lift weights but somewhere I keep coming up with the tingling, twitching and fatigue are early symptoms of als. I keep bugging my parents about it and they are super annoyed and pissed off that I’m mentioning a terminal disease when the doctor said I’m fine. Don’t mean to be disrespectful or rude just need you’re opinion. I also get pins and needles and a sore throat that seems to go away and come back. Sorry to bother you, just this obsessive thought is ruining my academic, athletic and social life. My parents say that I have lost weight which is not good because I have normal weight for my BMI I’m not sure if this weight loss is because of anxiety and not eating or something like als. Thanks

One more quick thing I have been on anxiety meds for a couple of weeks

And no one i my family has this diesease

Your symptoms do not suggest ALS. Twitching is common and nonspecific. Overuse of muscles, dehydration, stress, lack of sleep, and anxiety can all contribute to twitching. Please get a handle on your anxiety. I agree with your parents and your doctor. You’ve got a long life ahead of you. Why ruin it by obsessing about a terminal disease.

Ok thank you for your time Karen!

And thanks for the support really much appreciated

If anyone is out there, the top of mouth is in pain and my throat is sore. I get tingling and twitching in my tongue and I’m producing a lot of saliva. Could this be bulbar als. Any chance at my age? This is the last one I promise

Hey kid- you need to see a doctor. An ALS forum is not the place for you. If you have any further questions, read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" thread at the top of this subforum.

The symptoms you list sound like you have a cold or virus of some sort. Please seek medical attention. The people here can not help you any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back