Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
wishmobbing, here's a place where people can just kick back and chat about anything.

I named the thread this because that's a common joke line here in Australia if opening an alcoholic drink before 5pm. I've always actually wondered who decided 5pm was an acceptable time of day to have a drink - maybe it's from the old 9-5 working day idea?

Well it's not 5pm here yet, and I'm actually drinking a cup of tea, though it's quite hot being summer and all. Aussies tend to drink a bit of tea, it does seem to help with the heat believe it or not :)

It is 11 PM in the Heartland as our day draws to a close. Meanwhile, in Perth, Australia takes 2 wickets before lunch. Looks like the Ashes will reside with the CA, again.

Thank you Tillie for opening the pub!

My drink of choice is also tea, no matter the hour and place. I've been known to order camomile tea in bars while my pals were getting a buzz on.

What's your poison? Anything fancy?
How is it with the PALS here? Any of you like to do a little daytime drinking? A glass of vino through the dangler? A shot of tequila in an avocado lime shake? A sip of Bailey's in a chocolate high calories drink? (That last one is actually the favorite form of the sales rep to make these drinks palatable, hehe.)

Cheers to all!

Hey Wilson, I'm a shocking aussie and don't watch the cricket! I know right, it's hard to believe. :lol: Still I'm glad you dropped in as your day was winding down - someone else may be keeping score here.

wishmobbing when I do have a drink I'm rather fond of rum. We have a brand here with a polar bear on it (I have no idea how that bear came to be on our rum, I must find out one day!) called Bundaberg rum (that's the name of the town it is made at) and that is the one I prefer.

I'm not a big drinker either, but I do enjoy a drink. Tea however, I drink many different types, love using tea leaves and a pot to brew it properly and am always searching for the best 'no-drip' tea pot and have found them to be very hard to find. Why do tea pots always seem to dribble a tiny bit????

Tillie,

It's 1:30 in sunny Florida. We're in Winter and it has become cold, for Florida. I wish I were over there with you. I never get tired of the heat but, when it gets below 70, I'm cold. I think it's in the 60s here today.

I would probably belly up to the bar with a tall glass of water and some cannabis candy. Just enough to relax my muscles.

Cheers!

I am currently enjoying a cup of coffee with some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Been doing the holiday baking. One more cookie recipe and I will be finished. I enjoy a herbal tea every evening. I love tea hot or cold. Now when it comes to adult beverages I like a good fruity red wine. Favorite at the moment is a cranberry wine from a local winery.

This is nice. Hope everyone is ready for the holidays. I got the shopping done in october...clickety clack on the computer and it all magically came to the door !! No crowds !! How is everyone spending their holiday ? Ours will be quiet, just family. This will be our second Christmas without my dad and my mom is still grieving so no big fuss.

Vicki-

I second the cranberry wine enjoyment! My home is very close to many cranberry farms. We've got a local winery who makes some absolutely exemplary cranberry wine. Tart, fruity and dry. Just absolutely delicious. My sister always brings a few bottles to contribute to Christmas dinner.

It's only 11am here, so not cocktail hour yet. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee with a small spoonful of dark Dutch cocoa powder. I'm pretending it's good for me to justify its addition, but really, it's just plain delicious.

I had my coffee with white chocolate raspberry non dairy creamer. I made some dairy free hot chocolate mix the other day that gives me the creaminess I love with that drink. I can only have wine when I skip the meds. But I do that once in a while and it is so good. I love breaking the rules every now and then. Nice glass of wine by the fire pit with good company.

I will fess up that I'm going to do some daytime drinking today.

I have a long time friend coming to have some xmas rums. Hopefully we will take some rum and lunch down to my rainforest where it will be a little cooler. I say hopefully because I've got someone coming to clean out my roof gutters sometime this afternoon. They haven't been done since Chris last did them, so I'm talking like 5 years or something shocking. Strange the things you just don't get organised when grieving, I can't explain why I haven't had this tended to even though they have been blocked for a couple of years literally!

So finally this morning I pulled myself up and phoned thinking I won't get anyone til January, but at least I would have it booked. This lovely man says, well I'm booked out solid next week, then having some time off, so unless you want it done today ....

Is that like a mini-miracle dya think?

So now I have to coordinate the timing of roof man arriving and us taking off to the rainforest - we may eat lunch up here then just go wander in the rainforest with drinks while the roof is done :)

My favourite tea wishing is Russian Caravan for black teas and a blend of cleavers, calendula, dandelion root, lemongrass, st mary's thistle and ginger for a wonderful white detox tea.

Vickim so good to see you, I hope you drop in for a drink often, I've missed you!
I'm also very curious about your chocolate drinks non dairy - can you tell me more as I try to have as little dairy as I can these days.

Fiona I don't know that I've ever had a cranberry wine - this could turn into a thread that has me trying all kinds of things!

Hello all.
Happy to see the pub open. Can anyone here make a decent Cesar? I made the mistake of ordering one at the Miami international airport a few years back. Ewwwww.
Not a big tea drinker, but I do enjoy a cuppa with the fam. I AM a true Canadian though, you can find me at Tim Horton's more often than not (Large dark roast, 2 sugar). Although soon I'm going to have to downsize to mediums because I'm having troubles lifting the large cup.
Is the jukebox plugged in? Would like to hear some Eagles tunes. Save me a place by the fireside.

Angie

I am now lactose intolerant so I have had to get creative. My hot chocolate has powdered coconut milk, cocoa and sugar and pinch of salt. My favorite hot tea is a good chia tea or peppermint right now. Favorite iced tea is a green ginger peach tea. It is refreshing.

Although soon I'm going to have to downsize to mediums because I'm having troubles lifting the large cup.
Is the jukebox plugged in? Would like to hear some Eagles tunes. Save me a place by the fireside.

Angie

Downsize? Not in this pub. TWO medium dark roasts with two sugars EACH coming up! ;- )

Angie-

I was in Vegas, at Caesar's Palace, and I got a blank look when I asked for one. I explained what a Caesar was, and received a glass of tomato juice, a glass of clam juice and a vodka on the rocks. A pallid and completely inadequate response.

How do they not know about this one? They are delicious! They are healthful! And they are completely appropriate for day drinking. If you can't tell, I just got up and would like one of these delicious creations immediately!

Attachments

• flat-caesar.png
    flat-caesar.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 445
Oh how nice to wander in and see people milling about chatting in the pub! Such a nice atmosphere and we have a fireplace too!

I think we need a big jukebox indeed and we can pack it with all the music we enjoy.

Here is an eagles tune cranking out the jukebox for ya Angie!

https://youtu.be/qvtw8hPF000

Never heard of a caesar, being an aussie is going to be my excuse. They sound awesome though as I did google it.

Vickim I grow chia and make tea from the leaves - I've got lots of herbs that go well in tea and I often make teas and chill them in a jug in the summer then put mint and pineapple sage leaves in to float for a nice bit of effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back