Friend with als. . Ideas for family gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennannshear

Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
New York
City
WATERTOWN
Our friend is not doing well, we would like to do something as a group for him, his wife and two children. Does anyone have any ideas they would be willing to share?

You might search for other threads -- I know we have discussed it. The gift of your time is often the most precious, whether to help them get out somewhere they wouldn't otherwise, or just to hang out at home and help them with chores or setting up something new that needs doing. It might even mean getting some others to come by the house to socialize, while doing all the work involved in hosting, if that is welcomed.

Truly, if you ask the family that question in a way that shows you really mean it, one of them probably has some ideas!

Thank you for asking the question and wanting to help your friend.

Best,
Laurie

I agree with Laurie. Giving of your time is so appreciated. I see you're in Watertown. I'm from Port Henry. Some nice meals and making sure their walks/driveways are clear of snow would be great. Offer to clean their house or pay for a cleaning service for them.

Maybe some respite for the caregivers?

Talk to them and find out what they need and want.

My friends gave me a jump rope. I appreciated their trust in and knowledge of my sense of humor but most would not. The point is that it depends so much on the person that it is hard for an outsider to give advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back