Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Waterloo
PARTICIPANTS NEEDED FOR
RESEARCH IN TAILORED ENGAGEMENT FOR OLDER PERSONS WITH ALS

We are looking for volunteers to take part in a study aimed at understanding how older adults with ALS receive and cope with their diagnosis.

As a participant in this study, you would be asked to: share your thoughts and opinions in either a one-on-one or group interview, based on your comfort level.

Your participation would involve 1 session,
which will take approximately 45-60 minutes.

For more information about this study, or to volunteer for this study, please contact:

Kathleen Pauloff
Student Researcher
School of Public Health and Health Systems at:
519-888-4567 ext. 35879 OR
Email: (Mod Note email deleted, can be found in attachment)

This study has been reviewed by, and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee.

Attachments

• Recruitment Flyer.docx
    157.7 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
Note that this is for Canadians.

Which would have been nice to include in the Subject! ;-)

It would be helpful to make it clear whether the person has to attend the interview in person or by technology.

Hey everyone
Just a note. I know Kathleen. She is an absolutely wonderful person!
She has stated to me that the interviews can be in person or over the phone.
I don't think that she is concerned as to whether you are Canadian or American. If you can, please help her out!

Angie

Thanks Angie - I think Kathleen should understand a couple of things.

If she wants to work at how aged PALS cope then she should make everything really clear and plain as the biggest thing with ALS is the incredible fatigue. This means any PALS that is fatigued reads something vague and will not have the energy to investigate.

I hope your study goes well Kathleen.

Hi again everyone.
Kat? Maybe if you explain to the forum why this is so important TO YOU they'll understand why I'm backing you 100%.
There are threads in which you can tell your story (CALS Threads). Like I mentioned at group, this is an amazing group of individuals on the forum.

Angie

I don't think that she is concerned as to whether you are Canadian or American.

Angie, that may be, but since the first qualifier on the document is "do you have experience navigating the Canadian health system?" I'm a bit skeptical.

My bad Greg.

Angie

Thank you for the vote of confidence Angie! You're a true gem <3

I am happy to conduct interviews either in person or over the phone. All of my questions have to do with being diagnosed (whether it's you, a family member, a patient, etc.), how you/ they reacted, and about the ups and downs of coping, making decision and planning thereafter.
To clarify, I am looking for people who have related experience in Canada, whether you live in Canada currently or not. Please feel free to email me with any other questions you might have.
Hoping to make a difference one day...for my dad and all those been whose lives have touched by ALS.

Hi again everyone.
Kat? Maybe if you explain to the forum why this is so important TO YOU they'll understand why I'm backing you 100%.
There are threads in which you can tell your story (CALS Threads). Like I mentioned at group, this is an amazing group of individuals on the forum.

Angie

Good call. Thanks Angie. I'll post there.

Thanks Angie - I think Kathleen should understand a couple of things.

If she wants to work at how aged PALS cope then she should make everything really clear and plain as the biggest thing with ALS is the incredible fatigue. This means any PALS that is fatigued reads something vague and will not have the energy to investigate.

I hope your study goes well Kathleen.

Noted. Thank you for the insight. My thought was that I didn't want to overwhelm anyone with too many details right off the bat. I understand where you're coming from though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back