Other
Country
US
State
Mi
City
Midland
Time to go back to the docter :(

hello guys its been a while since I have posted here. Most of you know that my symptoms started around may of 2015. My legs feel like they are getting weaker but I'm not sure if its in my head or real weakness.

I have been feeling off balance while walking especially in the dark. It feels like I'm standing on a boat at times and its a horrible feeling. I still work third shift so my sleep is still messed up at times. the ground feels like its dropping also. When I walk on grass I feel a lot better . I had four days off work last week four thanks giving which was nice. so my balance improved and I was happy about that. It also improves when I put coconut oil on legs also or If I get a good nights rest. A few weeks ago I rubbed the oil on my legs again and I went around 24 hours of feeling normal .
It was a great feeling and it also gave me hope.

When I Drink Beer I feel a lot stronger also witch is weird to me :???: .
I can still walk on my toes and heals.
I haven't fell or anything like that I just feel like I have to think about it when I'm walking or standing.

I don't want to come off as disrespectful and I'm sorry if I'm getting on anyone's nerves .

Re: Time to go back to the docter :(

If you feel better when you drink beer, my guess is that you have health anxiety. The beer is working like anxiety meds. ALS doesn't come and go. It just keeps getting worse.

Hello you guys I believe I’m experiencing muscle atrophy in my left arm. When I flex my muscles my right arm has more muscle tone than the left . I’m confused because i can still use the arm . The muscle feels soft compared to my left . I thought muscle atrophy comes way after the muscle stops working? I posted a picture of my arms :(

Attachments

• DE6FE12B-341E-4CE9-8B57-FDD6E3720926.jpg
    DE6FE12B-341E-4CE9-8B57-FDD6E3720926.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 899
Last edited:
Chiffon- the folk here can not help you diagnose yourself. That's for medical professionals to do. Your posting history is extensive here. You have been active here for two years and been reassured multiple times that the pattern of symptoms you show are not ALS.

You may have noted your posts are now being met with a great deal of impatience. Please understand the people here are people with ALS and their caregivers. This is a support group for them. The DIHALS subforum is a place for people to come to ask a few questions and then move on once they've received their answers. It can not be used as a long term general medical resource and place to receive repeated assurances for health anxiety. No one here is dismissing your symptoms- it's that the forum is for ALS, and you have been told you don't have it. You simply must move on and search for the answers you need from medical professionals in person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back