Other
Country
US
State
MI
City
z
Hello,
I have not been on posting in a long time. I thought I would update what's going on. I started twitching 15 months ago with a lip twitch that quickly spread everywhere within a few days. I am 45 years old. Of course, I panicked. I saw my GP and a neuro within 1 month. They did reflex check, etc. (No Emg) and said that it was benign. The twitching is 24/7 in my feet and calves (like popcorn). My feet will also cramp occassionally-- 3 weeks no cramping at all, then 1 week cramping when I point my toes, etc. I was really afraid for a while, but now after 15 months and I have not developed any weakness, my fear has pretty much subsided. I can speed walk 5-7 miles a day, and just spent 1 week at Disney with my kids. That's enough right there to figure out if you are weak. After 15 months of no weakness, can I finally give up the worry completely? I would think with as much twitching as I have, if it was anything serious I would have other symptoms by now. Right? I guess I am just looking for some encouragemnt.:-D You guys are really good at that!
Thanks
Sue

Chalk another one up to BFS; it sounds like your safe to me. Congrats. :-D

After 15 months you can be sure its not ALS. Again, ALS twitches are caused by dying muscles, if the twitching rarely precede weakness (actually weakness is non-noticeable yet) it follow in weeks.
You are OK.

Thanks for the encouragement! I just needed to hear it again!

No problem, Im twitching for almost year now and its just part of my life now. Dont think about ALS too much, however we all /twitchers :) have "black thoughts" days with panic attacks filled with fear of ALS..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back