Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Indiana
City
Gary
Hello, All.

I'm a 21 Year old Male and Recently I noticed that I yawn Excessively. I do not feel tired nor do it to try to get air. Also I've been hearing something weird coming from my throat like a squeaky sound. Do these relate to symptoms of ALS bulbar and should I be concerned?

I can breathe just fine, take deep breaths, and experience no weakness.

Also, with this In mind, I realize that my anxiety is high right now.

Time to see a priest. Get your affairs in order. Where are your grandparents buried?

ChrisAR, why in the world did you come to a community of terminal ill people to tell us you're yawning a lot?

You need a family medical doctor.

Were I you, I'd be very, very concerned.

In fact I'd waste no time in contacting medical help. Psychiatric help.

To go from something as benign as yawning to a terminal disease simply screams that you need some reality counseling.
It's akin to thinking you have N-stage bowel cancer because you have gas.

Seriously, seek help. But not here, you absolutely do not belong here.

Good luck!

Some antidepressants can cause excessive yawning.

The reason I asked is because I never experienced this before. Getting the constant urge to yawn all day and I've heard that, that can be an on-set symptom and I can be a really anxious person. Sometimes i feel like yawning like 10 times in 2 minutes. Idk if my mind is getting to me but maybe it is.

Chris, it really isn't a sign of ALS. I am happy to tell you you don't belong on this forum. This forum is really bad for people who have anxiety about their health- this will not be a healthy place for you to dwell.

I encourage you to seek assistance from your GP. I'll be straight up- coming here for yawning too much is, well, it's a total stretch. Like equating an itchy spot on your skin to bubonic plague.

Now that you have had multiple people tell you this forum is not for you, please heed their advice and sign out. Please don't post anything more here- go see your doctor so they can help you with the anxiety.

Mod note: Thread closed. There is no purpose in discussing yawning as a symptom of ALS any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back