Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Park City
Sorry to have to post. I was doing stretches after a walk and noticed that my left foot is quite thinner on the bottom than my left.. my husband sees it but he said it's normal.. it kind of worried me and I googled :( I'm worried about atrophy. I can still do normal activities.. I guess the order of weakness and atrophy is unclear to me. So sorry if this is a redundant question.

I did add a photo it's the left foot ... The arch area is thinner.. is this atrophy??

Attachments

• 1510362985992187374638.jpg
    1510362985992187374638.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 5,016
It looks normal to me. There is no reason to think ALS. If you had drop foot or couldn't walk, I would say go to a doctor. Even then, it could be many things.

You really don't belong on this forum.

I didn't expect such a quick reply. Thank you very much. I appreciate your help!! You relieved a lot of worry I have been having.

Thanks again for helping
-stacey

I have another question regarding that same foot. I've noticed this since March.. I've always had gaps between my big toe and second toe on both feet but on my left when I walk the gap is noticable different. Again I always worried is this atrophy? I don't know why this one foot has sparked my interest.. no failing or falling. This gap worries me a lot! After this I will graciously leave the forum.. I wanted to ask earlier but felt it was silly however I clearly can't move on from the fear.

I added a pic, it's the left foot gap while walking and another one at rest.

Thanks in advance.. I'm extremely nervous regarding this.

Attachments

• 15105164406641136667530.jpg
    15105164406641136667530.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,318
  • 15105167122581643424567.jpg
    15105167122581643424567.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,992
I don't see anything suggestive of ALS. If the gaps hinder your walking, I would see a podiatrist.

Best,
Laurie

Stacy, a size difference between right and left feet does not mean atrophy. Asymmetry is an absolutely normal thing. Unless there is a marked difference, it's incredibly difficult for people to tell from pictures on the internet. If you have serious questions about your feet, perhaps a trip to the doctor or a physio is in order. You have now been reassured twice that there seems to be no issue here.

Thank you both a hundred times over. I've had these fears for so long and I can finally just put them to rest. Thank you.

Stacey,

A gap between toes like you showed is indicative of biomechanical problems in the feet related to gait and posture. No one is perfectly symmetrical, so these types of findings are common. A podiatrist is the person to see for this.

I really appreciate all the help! I wish I would have asked this months ago. Thanks again for everyone that replied. ! ����

Ditto. A lot of normal processes look like that. No ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back