Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't have any real answers, except that I don't have an ALS diagnosis which is absolutely fantastic. I have some swallowing changes. Don't have the official emg results but I had the sense that it was good. I seem to have something in my muscles causing spasms and benign fasticulasions, but as they said it's not coming from a degeneration of the nerves. Ya! Now to sort the muscle thing out. Possible causes are stress, a form of arthritis, fibermylitis or fiber (something I can't spell), toxins in something like that. One thing mentioned was cancer, as I'm a smoker, but, I believe in my heart this is a severe grief stress type response, I am feeling very positive about everything and very relieved. Now onto the next step. I m not sure what that is yet. I asked for some form of therapy if this is caused by stress, and they talked about other referrals. Right now I think I'm just going to try to regroup. I just want to be sure to let you all know I appreciate your support when I needed it most. I couldn't have gotten through a few days without being on here. I wish everyone could feel as relieved as I am right now. I thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back