Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
texas
City
Flower Mound
Well in August I was asked to be in a study for PLS. I was diagnosed 4 years ago. Their are 3 people from TX. Neurology in Dallas that are part of the study. Columbia Univ. is heading up the study. There are participants all over the USA , they are trying, at this point to get base line questions for the purpose of diagnosing PLS. I believe this is the first study of this kind. This is estimated to take 24 weeks to complete.

The exciting thing I think is they are starting to look at PLS. I'm told after this study, then they will study DNA, tissue, I think maybe there is light at the end of this tunnel, or maybe it's just a train. It may not be a cure, but at least it's something.

Oh wow! Thank you for participating. I sincerely hope they find enough to carry forward.

Is it possible to post a link to this study so I can look at it? I'm unable to find the study online.

Last edited:
I'm not great at posting Links. I'll give you my connection Columbia University Medical Center Department of Neurology Clinical
Research Center my contact is Johnathan Huff 212 305 2508

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back