Xinglong Wang very promising paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interesting article and promising research. I wonder why there is so little information about this research out there and why PM1 peptide and TAR DNA-binding protein 43 (TDP-43) is not being more widely discussed.

I'm very curious to hear what other/more knowledgeable members on here think of this, too!

It's quite interesting that several independent researches are talking about neurotoxic pathway and TDP-43 inhibition.

Andrej you misunderstood Greg. He was referring to worried's comment about getting member's opinions

Worried the original article was about bench research. There have been great advances recently in understanding the pathology of ALS. We don't know the whole picture. It is complicated by the fact that it is probably multiple diseases with some commonalities

The thing that is hard to accept if you are currently affected by ALS is that if something is at the level of bench research it takes years to get to people even if the concept works in people. I' m sorry but it is true.

An example is antisense therapy for my genetic form of ALS c 9 orf72. Antisense as a concept existed when c9 was identified in 2011 C9 is something that has received a lot of attention from researchers because it causes a lot of disease - most common cause of FALS, some SALS, FTD PSP and probably more. They have been working on antisense for c9 all this time. We are still waiting

Really sorry, Nikki, if I misunderstood something. It's true that it takes time to make a medicine even if researches are very promising, but it takes even more time if we don't cry out for help when this help is possible. I just hope that public discussion of recent researches will stimulate those researches to speed up at least a bit. Besides that there might be some natural treatments or food supplements that help to target TDP-43 (which is being discussed in several promising research papers published this year). Who knows?

Last edited:
Don't be so negative. It was posted on January 23, 2017.

No, fool, original post was two weeks ago.

And it's not negativity, it's reality.

Yup, TDP-43 was a hot topic when my husband was diagnosed in 2009. But separating chickens from eggs has been difficult in ALS, as with many diseases.

I like Chickens, sometimes I think they like me also

If you want to pursue this further, try ALSTDI discussion forum. You might get more feedback there. If not, they'll chase you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back