Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooner I'm praying for you and the family. No it's not healthy. At least now the cops have definitely seen him in action, that's a good thing, should promote less hesitation on their part. Hopefully they'll be looking for a reason to give him a cool down in the klink. Stay safe.

Hugs,

Sue

If he is in the klink is the only way I am going to sleep at night...

Sooner - I pray last night was a good one for you and that you were able to sleep some. Lack of sleep will only make things worse. I know you know that and I also know that even though we know it doesn't make it any better at times. :)

Sending huge hugs,

Sue

Sending you big HUGS, Sooner! This whole thing just sucks. Hang in there!

oh hon that's so shocking :(

I hope you got some sleep and the cops sort him out fast!

I am so sorry Sooner ....... Way too much for you to deal with!

I didn't sleep well but I did sleep on the couch with the rifle beside me... First time in my life I have ever done that.

Allergies are kicking my butt today. Headache and runny nose all day.

Internet is still acting up so making working from home more difficult.

My home health nurse is checking on hospices for me. She is going to rule some out for me so I will only need to interview a few instead of 10.

Sooner, I've just read through this thread and I am so sorry for what you're going through! It's so much to deal with, as if MND wasn't enough. It's good there's a violating order in place now... this ratbag needs to be out of your lives for good and hopefully the police can take care of that!

You are doing so well looking after Cliff, DD, your grandkids, the whole family :) I hope you're managing to look after yourself too. Wishing you all the best x

Has anyone tried APP, Alternating Pressure Pad? They are saying at this time, this is all we qualify for because my PALS doesn't have any pressure sores at this time.

Last edited:
Sooner, I'm floored that anyone can behave as your SIL is under these circumstances. More indicators how wise your DD is for getting away. I hope he tires of the drama soon. Meanwhile, will your local PD, who has already witnessed his abusive behavior, do regular checks/drive-bys during the night? (And while I've never shot anything more alive than a clay bird, I did discover years ago that just the sound of racking a shotgun could deter the jerk trying to get through my back door.)

I bought the VIVE Alternating pressure pad to go over my husband's rock-hard hospital bed mattress (from a big online store) and he likes it. To keep it from slipping down, it has "tails" that tuck under the head and foot of the mattress, and then I cover the pad and mattress with a fitted sheet, then a synthetic sheep skin the size of the mattress, then another fitted sheet. And I get him into bed exactly like Jim describes with Darcie. It's important to get his bottom in the trough created by the raised head of the bed and slightly raised foot portion and then I can lower the head & adjust the foot till he's comfortable (always have to have the foot section raised at least some to create that trough). If I get him into that "sweet spot," I don't need to pull him up all night. The pump is quieter than the Trilogy, so it doesn't bother either of us. And the firmness is adjustable--getting that right is important for comfort, and just a matter of trial and error.

Sure do hope things calm down. You have enough on your plate without all the SIL drama.

I definitely have plenty on my plate without the idiot's drama... My DD was trying so hard to be civil and he just can't handle her not giving in to his every whim.

I hope the police continue to patrol. Most of them are well aware of what all has been going on.

Cliff was a memory foam overlay. Would you need to put the pressure pad on top of the memory foam overlay?

Today was a better day. I'm still having major allergy problems and stomach ulcers I am pretty sure but... a better day.

My mom came over and she and my kids worked at the rent house. I am hoping to show that to a buyer this weekend.

My boss asked me today if I needed to reduce my hours and work from home full time. He agreed that I can work from home all the time and can reduce my hrs to 32 hrs per week. I will use sick time, floating holidays and my vacation time to cover what hrs I can't work.

Haven't seen the idiot since the protective order was served so I am happy about that. I am hoping it will stay that way.

Cliff is the same, sleeping 14-17 hrs per day. He told me today no hospice. I explained that it just meant more help for me and that nothing was really going to change except we may have an aid and a nurse a bit more often so he agreed. We will see what he says tomorrow.

Sooner, continuing to send hugs your way. I'm thrilled you had a day with out SIL.

Hopefully Cliff will still be agreeable to hospice in the morning, you need the help.

Your boss is a true gem. Hoping you get to keep him a while longer.

Hugs,

Sue

Sooner, I'm playing catchup again, and I'm so upset about what you have been going through. Wow. So glad that the idiot has finally been served with the order, and I hope that he stays away.

It also irritates me that with a disease like ALS insurance wants them go get pressure sores before providing the right equipment. It's pretty bad when you are faced with the option of allowing them to get one so that they can qualify for the right mattress (which will give you a bit of a break).

Ok, better day. Big hugs to you.
Becky

Oh sooner I'm so glad that the SIL has toned it down a bit, let's hope it allows him to cool enough to realise that there is a limit!

I hope you get some hospice decisions sorted out. Wonderful news about work, take the down time and focus on your PALS and yourself as much as you can. Hoping for a few better days now and a quick sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back