Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great news. I do think you need to reframe your thinking. There is no reason to fear that you will ever become a PALS. Your risk with one relative is very very very low and as I just said to someone else you should not let your dad's ALS steal your life too.

Good luck and a long happy life

This is good news! It sounds like you met with a sympathetic, caring neurophysiatrist. Good luck in the future and focus on a long, healthy life with your little girl.

Take good care.

Me and my wife were planning for another baby once my little one turns one year in october. On the 24th I am 2 months since My syptoms were observed.

During this period and testing I undergo I was still not reassured and I wanted to cancel the second baby and made life insurance for the moment.

Doctor told me not to cancel my plans about a newborn yesterday due to this. But I would follow up and if nothing else develops along the twitching for the next 4-5 months It might probably be reassuring.

He also gaved me his phone number and he said I can call him anytime I experience something and not check the internet.

Hope everything will be ok in the end, and if it's not ok, then is not the end :)

In the meantime I will closely work to my psychiatrist and whatever might be I will try to stay on a good line.

mihu, you wrote what your doctor said to you...

"....anytime I experience something and not check the internet."

Key words... "and not check the internet."

Here's some good advice... stop reading this forum. Maybe the Mods could do you a favor and close this thread.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I now started to get continuous fascics in the back muscle :) , it's perfect, what should I say anymore... Yep you're right, I'll try to live my life, but this is killing me.

Some updates.

I start to develop more occasional twitches all over the body, but they're not constant and I think that the fact they jump around different locations those are just benign.

I finally got the EMG report which says:

Results:
1. R median and ulnar SNAPs were normal.
2. R ulnar CMAP demonstrated normal distal latency, normal amplitude and mildly slowed conduction velocity.
3. R median CMAP was normal.
4. Needle EMG select R upper limb muscles was normal.
5. Needle EMG select B/L lower limb muscles did not demonstrate any spontaneous actively. On activation mildly reduced recruitment of enlarged MUAPs was noted in B/L TA, per. Long and R glut. Med. The remainder of the study was normal.
Impression:
This is an abnormal study. There’s EDX evidence of:
1. Mild chronic B/L L5 radiculopathies
2. Mild R ulnar neuropathy at elbow.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Fortunately, in the report there are 0 positive sharp waves or fibrilation potential.

It's consistent with the MRI.
Muscles that are twitching had good recruitment, no psw's or other stuff there. So I think that might not be the cause for twitching. Probably just benign or the anxiety.

Today I discussed on the phone with my neuro and he put me on Zoloft 50mg 1 per day and see how I'll go.
It's been already 2 months, I will do a follow up EMG ( Altough nobody said it's necessary ) when I'll make 3 months of twitching.

The worst idea it's that some twitches doesn't seem very consistent with the EDX results.
Attached the EMG report.

https://ibb.co/gWHaik

Let me know any toughs . Thank you !

Yea, here's a thought... you don't have ALS. Here's a fact... you don't have ALS.

You are being medicated for obsessive–compulsive disorder. Zoloft is often prescribed for OCD and Anxiety.

Again, the Mods could do you a big favor and close this Thread.

You can give your Zoloft a better chance to work by not reading this Forum.

Let me remind you what you wrote from your psychiatrist...

"He also gave me his phone number and he said I can call him anytime I experience something and not check the internet." Key words... "and not check the internet."

Instead of posting anymore here... call him.

Ok. I understand. But I was a "CAL". Let's say I don't have it. What should I do ? Live my life simply without taking care about the others? I am in the process of planning a huge campaign and see how I can push more to the research from other areas. What we are doing with this world ? If I don't have ALS why I shouldn't read this forum? We are all God's kids or "Part of the same universal energy". I was an anxious idiot who posted stupid questions here and I am just on the good pathway to become a helper so that this disease should be a simple "pneumonia" in 10 years.

Why should I leave you behind after all the help you offered me !? It's not right, and not fair!

You can close this thread, but being a healthy person doesn't mean I don't care... Let me stick around with you. There's a slight chance I might be a PAL as well even if it's 0.00001% ( Check Vince example ).

And even if I don't have it, this doesn't mean I'm immune to it.
I don't understand why I can't be a part of the community, help and start sharing progress soon?

Ban me if you want, I have no problem... I'm very very sorry if I was disturbing!

You've been repeatedly stating the same issues again and again and again. That's not being on here "to help people". That's taking the time of PALS and CALS away from those who actually are in the process of true diagnosis. That's NOT being helpful. You just said that you're a healthy individual, and physically, yes you are (or at least you don't have ALS), but mentally, you are not healthy. I'm sorry to sound harsh but your constant need to keep this thread going attests to that.

Please continue to get help with your severe health anxiety and cease with the mellow drama. You'll be thankful in the long run.

It's best your time is spent on a health anxiety forum.

Take good care.

Why should you leave? Primary reason is that this is a dangerous place for you. You have exhibited signs of health anxiety. Your post saying you are planning to have another EMG even though no one recommended it is an example. There are many more examples in this thread. This site is toxic to those with that issue. You can't heal when you keep coming here.

I am closing this thread. Do not start another unless you have been told by a neuromuscular doctor you have clear signs of ALS by clinical exam and EMG. I am not expecting this to happen

For your own sake log off. If you wish to fundraise or otherwise advocate in honor of your father you don't need us to do it.

Best wishes for a long and happy healthy life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back