Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Arkansas
City
Fayetteville
Hello, I just wanted to ask some questions, first I wanna say that I have worked out hard for about four years, I never really ate alot my nutrition wasn't great and I never drank alot of water and I sweat alot, well awhile back I developed a twitch in my left bicep and it was on and off, in May I went to the academy to be a correctional officer and for the whole 6 weeks I worked out the same way and it didn't twitch once, well recently it started back non stop for a couple months everyday, back in August I ended up going to the ER and I couldn't work out and I lost alot of weight really fast, now I just feel crappy and I twitch all over ever since then and the fact that my left arm has the arm that twitches is noticeably smaller than my right and it feels weird and lumpy, the bicep went completely flat, I'm sorry so long it's just worrying me it scares me so bad, all i think about is my son who's one and my family that I help

New symptoms, becoming more concerned

Hello everyone, I posted earlier but recently I've noticed that the muscle in my left bicep is so noticeably different from my right and now my right calf muscle is cramping and I'm feeling stiffness in my shoulder on the side of the twitch. It's really difficult to explain but I get weird vibrations feelings in my foot and I twitch in different spots from occasion. Sorry if I'm asking to much I truly apologize just ever since Aug I just feel different.

Mod Note : the one open thread per customer!

If there's no weakness or loss of function (i.e. failure), then it's not likely to be ALS. Asymmetry, twitching, and weird sensations are not enough to suggest AKS in the absence of failure.

Hello Dan, let me begin by making it clear that I am not a doctor. I have been living with ALS for over six years. In my opinion nothing that you have described would suggest early onset of ALS that I am familiar with.I recommend that you visit the ALS Association website, they have a very good set of guidelines to help you determine if you should seek professional assistance. I wish you the best, and pray that all goes well.

God bless,

Tom

Thank you so much, I'm just trying to understand some things, it's hard when you don't know what's going on with your body after being so active and in the gym so much, just so many different things going on it's scary, God bless y'all if there's any other information please share I truly want to understand more.

Dan, Twitching is so common that it's diagnostic of nothing.

No one is symmetrical. Differences vary greatly.

ALS doesn't feel lumpy or flat.

Plz read the Pinned Post at the top of this forum titled Read Before Posting before asking further questions.

Sorry Dan I got cut off. I also believe that from what I read in your original post that hydration may well be part of what is going on it certainly sounds like you are not getting sufficiently hydrated considering your workout routine.

Tom

I would expect other things such as loss of electrolytes, B-12 deficiency, too much caffeine, not enough water. I would see my GP and ask for blood work.

Hello KimT and Tom, I thought that too but everytime I would get blood work it always came back normal, one time they said I had elevated kidney activity but idk, thank you for everything

any assistance can help?

I have a question, if you pass the strength test and other physical call exams of a Neuro like walking on your toes and heels, gripping and reflex stuff does that rule out ALS or does that mean it maybe to early to notice these things, because I have localized twitching in my bicep, but I feel little twitches all over like bubbles in my calves, ankles, feet buzzing, shoulders,arms and back and also my muscles feel stiff like they want to cramp. I'm just wondering is this cause for concern.

Mod note- merged threads. Please continue posting on your original thread.

Was your neurologist concerned? What did he say? To repeat what has been said in the stickies, ALS is failing not feeling. No clinical weakness means you should work with doc to find another cause for your symptoms.
Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back