Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
Hello! Got my PEG on Friday 9/8. I am mostly using the gravity method with it, as opposed to "pushing" with the syringe. I've noticed that when I flush with water using gravity method, when I pour the water in, I see color change and tiny floating particles. I can tell some stomach fluids are coming up and mixing with my water, and then it all goes down together. Is this normal?

Perfectly normal :)

If you lift the syringe a little higher in the air it will make it empty faster and the swirly bits will go down :)

Thank you! Just wanted to be sure!

My wife likes to think of it as a snow globe. Keep the hose taped to your chest.
Vincent

I use an empty syringe for the feeding, but use the complete syringe for water flush. Figured it would be more effective at keeping the tube clean.

Hi I am new to this forum. I have been a caregiver for my precious mom for 3 years she is in her final days with ALS. It is heart breaking to see her literally diminishing. into nothing. I pray that God will transition her to heaven quickly. If anyone is reading this and has just started tube feeding with kangaroo pump i have 3 cases of Jeevity they can have. You can message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back