06/2014
Country
US
State
CA
City
Homeland
Re: New at this

My husband and I took Jason in yesterday afternoon In the X-rays it show Jason had left side pneumonia and was admitted into the hospital. They did a bronchoscopy this evening and really cleaned out his lung. I couldn't believe what his lung looked like. I spent the night with him last night because he was unable to signal for the nurse if he needed one and for communication purposes. My husband was going to stay with him tonight but Jason passed away this evening after the bronchoscopy. I am doing alright for the most part. He was able to Skype his girls last Sunday and that raise his spirits and knowing his brother was coming out from Texas put a smile on his face. Unfortunately his brother did'n't make it in time to see his brother. I am at peace with this but this house seems so empty without him. I had 46 years with him and I thank the Lord for that. He is now with the Lord and I am glad for that also. He went very quietly which I am also thankful for. I celebrate his life and I know I will be with him in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss. Glad it was peaceful and he is free. He was lucky to have you. Peace and comfort to you

I am so very sorry for your loss. You were an awesome caregiver for Jason. May you be able to find peace in the Lord.

Hugs and Prayers,

Sue

I am so sorry for your loss...it is so hard even though we know they are finally free from this ALS monster.
Hugs to you and your family

So sorry for the loss of your son, but he was lucky to have such a caring and loving mom. xoxo

I mourn your loss. Jason was so fortunate to have parents like you--you were wonderful caregivers. He's free now, and I wish you peace and healing.
Becky

So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your loved ones.

Angie

I am so sorry for your loss of your son but grateful that his passing was peaceful and he is home with the Lord. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

I am so very sorry, but happy that you were with him and he was at peace.

Best,
Laurie

I lost my 44-yr-old son after caring for him at home for 19 months. i feel blessed that i could 'have him' during that time. i feel blessed that he went quietly and peacefully in his sleep. what is helping me now is to remember him from before his illness. (i also pretend that he's just on a trip, and my therapist is ok with that.)

So sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and your family.

I am so very sorry for your loss, it must have felt so sudden.

Cherish every memory of happiness you had with him over his life and know that he appreciated everything you did no matter how hard any of it was xxx

My deepest sympathies to you and your family and hoping you can find comfort and peace.

Deepest condolences. Even when we know they're free of this terrible disease, our hearts still break. Wishing you peace in knowing you cared so deeply and well for Jason. I am so very sorry.

My condolences. If there is any good in this it is that his troubles are over. Peace be with you.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back