Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
I use an aqua jogger but it rides up and makes my arms sore. I've been looking for something that will let me move my arms and legs while upright. The only thing that looks like it might work is the device that goes around the neck but that could also mean pressure on my jaw.

I would like something similar to the aqua jogger that would stay in place. It's more of a pain issue with torn rotator cuffs than anything else.

Does anyone use something effective for upright floatation?

I just used a pool noodle either around my front or back and under my arms. Someone else who had the same session time at the therapy pool as me used what looked like a neutral buoyancy vest (divers use them)- but must have been some water therapy device that provided gentle flotation support. I regret not asking what it was now. I think you can adjust the amount of flotation a neutral buoyancy vest can provide- a dive shop may be a good resource.

There are many products available that I don't pretend to be up on, but Google things like pool therapy cerebral palsy, pool therapy special needs, etc.

I used a pool noodle and sat on it straddled to work my arms. Also wore a lightweight wetsuit vest that provided a little warmth in 85 degree pool and a little flotation so I could jog in pool without extra aid

I used to scuba dive and have tried various vests. Those and the noodle hurt either my rotator cuffs or my lower back. I check the CP forum and will continue to look. I have a design in mind if I could find someone who could put it together. It would look like a big, supportive diaper that held me upright and didn't interfere with my arms at all.

I used the noodle in straddle position for quite a few years until my back got weak. Now that position seems to bother my back.

I'll keep looking. Thanks for the input.

I'm looking for something slightly different, but still a pool flotation device. I still swim a few 100 yds once or twice a week, but my weakening legs are starting to sink and drag behind me. I've tried the traditional pull buoy but my legs aren't strong enough to hold it in place for more than a few yds. I need something that would strap to each leg perhaps. Google has been no help so far but I'll follow Laurie's suggestions and see what turns up.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back