Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
US
State
OR
City
Hillsboro
My muscles controlling my eyelids are getting weaker and I am struggling to keep my eyes open. Does anyone have suggestions?

I experience this in one eye. There was a thought it may be related with one of my meds, but has proven not to be so. The only thing my doctor could advise was to keep my eyes well lubricated with eye drops to reduce resistance and make sure no damage was done if less blinking was an issue. I am also waiting on an appointment with a neuro- ophthalmologist. I am sorry you are experiencing this. I hope one of the many other members here has a solution.

KW I hope you don't mind me adding on here. My PALS is also having this problem especially in one eye, I had just been thinking of asking the same question. I need to find a solution so can use his Tobii. Thank you Shiftkicker, I'll start with trying your Dr's recommendation. Kate

Yes my right eye is slow to open especially when waking up. Don't notice it much during the day

I don't have ALS, but I do have trouble opening my right eye. It likes to stay closed in the morning, in bright son, and when I'm on the computer.

Just some input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back