Status
Not open for further replies.
ALS symptoms don't improve-- I understand it is difficult and frustrating, but you really need to stop searching the internet and diagnosising yourself and wait for your neuro. Ask him what he thinks, don't ask if it's ALS, that could impede the diagnostic process. You really and truly do not describe ALS symptoms.

Bingo! That is proof you are dealing with serious anxiety or some other issue that is being amplified by anxiety... not ALS.

("I had s great day yesterday with hardly any symptoms then woke up this morning with my same throat concerns...")

Symptoms directly linked to ALS do not come and go. Period. You have persisted for two pages.

("I think I'm early in the disease...") Your neuros don't

("She did not do any exam, only the EMG and the needle test. This was only performed on my right arm and leg and right sternocleidomastoid. She said she did not see evidence of ALS,")

What more could any member add to that?

PS. The EMG is the needle test... as you referred to it. Which was it?

Last edited:
Viral infections, electrolyte imbalances, thyroid issues, can all cause your symptoms. You said you have intermittent foot drop. Als doesnt work that way Because the nerve gets damaged. Once you lose a function, its gone. You do not regain it.

Myasthenia gravis has facial symptoms...have you gone thru the mri, heavy metals, muscle enzymes, vitamin checks? If not , then stop worrying. You just know you are cramping .

Deb,

I know how hard it is to wait....no matter what you're waiting for. Everyone likes to make progress toward finding out what is wrong. I think you are doing all you can do and relaxing will help. There are so many things out there that aren't ALS. Nothing that you've posted makes me think you have ALS. Try to get some good rest, keep hydrated, and make sure your doctor answers all your questions.

Neurologist doesn't think als, but Swallow study showed decreased esophageal motility. Not good. Waiting for MRI. I felt good after neuro apt , but swallow study brought me back down again.

Decreased esophageal motility with no neuro deficits is unlikely to reflect ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back