PALS roll call Wednesdays (or whenever) PALS ONLY PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bummer. fell and broke wrist, following day wifey - and caregiver - fell breaking fibia a tibia. will be off forum for a few weeks. bummer.

Sorry to hear that Frank! Hope you both mend quickly!

Checking in here.
We have a long family trip starting tomorrow.
Last minute dash tomorrow.
Good luck everyone.

Oh No Frankb
Wishing you both a speedy recovery
Wendy xx

Hope ya both heal quickly Frank!
Summertime feels good here in mts of WV.
Wishing all the best!

Frank, I am so sorry to hear of your break and your wife's breaks.

How is your wrist doing? Did they simply cast it or was there surgery involved to fix things?

And, perhaps more importantly, how is your wife doing?

Steve

checking In! It's been a rough week. But by the grace of G-d, I made it thru! I don't know exactly what I had but every time they would put anything in my peg tube I would start to feel really nauseous & just awful & threw up. But luckily my girl was next to me so when I started getting sick she would turn my head so that I wouldn't aspirate on what was coming up. So especially glad to be checking in on here bcuz I wasn't sure I would make it but I did! so Kia Kaha everyone! (Kia Kaha mean Stay Strong) :)

Still here and going strong. Progression still slow.. Have second clinic appt on the 20th

Re: CALS Roll Call Continued

A beautiful day here, just got home from the cottage where we have a fellow just finishing building 40 foot ramp at the front door so I will not have to climb the 3 stairs that are there, when I built the place I didn't realize I would need a ramp or I would not have built it so high.
Al

Had an ALS support meeting today, then came home and spent about 45 minutes in the pool. Today was a good day.

A rainy Wed pm here. Heading to the VA in Tampa next week to meet the ALS team there. Still trying to hammer out all the decisions needed for our house remodel.

Checking in for the first time in several weeks. I thought i had a hemmi problem from a bout of constipation but it turns out I managed to get a fissure that is not healing. I meet with a surgeon next week to figure out what to do. Being in a lot of pain and not being able to sit has impacted my ability to tube feed and I have lost 10lbs this month. On a positive note I am doing the ALS at home study which includes a spirometer. With breath stacking, he cough assist and the bipap my fvc numbers are now consistently above 80%.

Ok, so I am aware it is not Wednesday but had a busy week. I spent the last 5 days at the VA Hospital in Tampa going through my initial evaluation. I had sonagrams, x-rays, strength tests and of course they took about a gallon of blood for numerous testing. The results......I'm healthy as a horse. Everything working as it should and really good readings except for a slight vitamin B issue.............and then there is ALS. What a kick in the a$$! Oh well, guess I should be thankful for what I do have.

I guess all of us skipped Wednesday. I drove myself to Mayo Clinic Thursday to see my ENT for a non-ALS related issue. It takes about two hours each way. I had a very good book to listen to and the traffic was not bad. I was back long before dark so I went in the pool for about 30 minutes. I guess I didn't realize how much it took out of me. I've had 2-hour naps for the last two days.

OK, It is Wednesday, right?

A friend came over for a short visit and we went in the pool for about a half hour. The pool temperature was 87 and it was lovely outside.

Well, here I am several weeks and a day late.

We got back from Yellowstone late last week and I am recovering well. I will start a thread about our trip before long. In short, it was hard but wonderful!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back