Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
TR
State
Istanbul
City
Istanbul
Hey.,i was having problems since previous summer and ive seen neurologist at january.I have atrophy , weakness, fasc's but everthing was clean so doctor told me to come later again.thats my short summary.

The point is , i guess its started around march-may, i realise that my tongue is a bit different than before.At first it was like two halves of it is not symmetric but there is no problem with it yet later on their difference became larger.And at center of my tongue there is a collapsing part now (i dont know which word is usable here).
Plus,i have swallowing problem( choking when drinking , having problems when eatig but if i chew less its better yet they are not constant problems) also i have problem like,having hard time to control my voice--normal speaking voice become lower now , there are times even im having hard time to hear yet cant control weird-- , also when speaking the way i pronounce words becomes mess its really hard to understans what im saying but its not constant.

Because this things troublesome i look around the net a bit but i dont have much knowledge and its really hard to make comparison at some point.
I still have some time to my appointment and im abit curious so i will add a video if possible.if you guys dont think its uncomfortable please check it and say your ideas , thank you
Actually it was long but i thought forum allows to detach video and make it 20mb but its not allowed and long one removed so https://sendvid.com/k78htrp8

Last edited:
Thats good then , thank you for thr reply :)

About Weakness

Hey, actually i ask this in other person's post but its deleted, also i have 1 more post too but im not sure that if i ask this there.So sorry about that if im wrong.
Lets say that you open your arms broad with 90degree.But after some little time one of your arm started to going down slowly and when you tried to lift it ,you are not able to because of its tired and doesnt let you.About the other arm its stays there as if everthing ok and this scene is not even reaching a minute.
As you can see weakness at shoulder.So question is ;is this situation can be accepted as clinical weakness or smthng?

Sorry for language issues , thank you for any answers.

Mod note: Please keep posting in this thread. That helps the members keep track of your symptoms and posting history. Thank you

Re: About Weakness

Hey, actually i ask this in other person's post but its deleted, also i have 1 more post too but im not sure that if i ask this there.So sorry about that if im wrong.
Lets say that you open your arms broad with 90degree.But after some little time one of your arm started to going down slowly and when you tried to lift it ,you are not able to because of its tired and doesnt let you.About the other arm its stays there as if everthing ok and this scene is not even reaching a minute.
As you can see weakness at shoulder.So question is ;is this situation can be accepted as clinical weakness or smthng?

Sorry for language issues , thank you for any answers.

Edit: Few hours ago i realized that when i tip toe same thing happens my left foot too i can only stay like that few seconds. (I was already having problems when walking on my heels)

Hi Eldurdir,
I noticed in your post you have another appointment soon. These are observations you should let your doctor know about.

Angie

Yes , im waiting for appointment but was just a bit curious.Thank you for answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back