4/2016
Country
US
State
GA
City
Roswell
Under the ATL VA approval umbrella

What type recliner lift chair is being approved? Looking at Golden Tech PR.&756MC-UFF

Leather?
other accys suggested by ALS Users?

Thanks

good question. I have a stair lift but haven't thought about a chair lift. is the chair lift provided by the VA?

Frank, ask while you are there��. If you get a moment send me a pm with your room number and I will come visit.

At my last clinic visit in June the clinic PA said they would not provide Lift chairs--I hadn't asked for one but the subject came up. I'd be curious if this is a VA wide policy or a local interpretation. My VA is in Iowa City

Ed

Did they say why they would not provide a chair lift? I'd ask for the policy in writing. If you need it to get upstairs the VA should provide it.

To clarify This is a question about RECLINER lift chairs. My VA visit to PT yesterday was great. The VA does not buy recliners, but they do have a spring butt cushion. I did not see one, but it sounds...um....terribly uncomfortable.

I have been informed by more than one VA official that VA no longer pays for lift chairs. They did at one time but have stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back