Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you. It's the talking in riddles "You have as much a chance as anyone" "possibly" "continue monitoring you" etc. That's the stuff that is driving me crazy.. There no it's this or it's that or it's nothing after 4 years of going back and fourth they see issues but want to continue seeing me every 3 months.. Sorry AL this is the wrong place to vent I apologize. You guys are dealing with a lot more than me. God Bless

Well tomorrow I have my EMG and clinical at USF. I have been going here a lot longer than UF. A little nervous and hoping to get some type of answer.

Update, had another emg at USf last Friday of my right side. They said it was normal. Now I feel like wwody wood pecker and I'm looking my mind.. hahaha. How in the world can I have an abnormal emg of my legs 3 months ago and now a normal emg. They only did my right side.

Maybe someone here can help me understand why they only do one side instead of both side and the bulbar region. It just seems like it would be whole lot more thorough. I also know that on an emg if you possibly have ALS it doesn't pick up problems all over if all muscle groups have not been affected yet.

I think there method is either not efficient or I don't know what tghe hell I'm talking about. But I know enough, been dealing with issues for far too long to not understand certain things. PLS, Upper motor dominant ALS, etc.

So why do they only do one side and refuse to do the other at the same time?

It doesn't matter where they did the emg. Leg, arm or whole body.

And yes, a subsequent emg can be normal. It depends on what was previously abnormal.

An 'abnormal emg' does NOT mean 'positive for als'.
There are *specific* abnormalities that are required to be indicative of ALS.

MOD Note: OK, bubba. I'm locking this thread.

You've become a wannabe troll. You have already been given answers to the above question: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/38892-concerned.html#post415463
AND you've never, that I saw, had an emg POSITIVE for als OR been given even a 'possible als' Dx.

1) DO NOT POST AGAIN without actual, valid, NEW issues OR YOU WILL BE BANNED, and
2) Consider the 'health anxiety' forums or a shrink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back