Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
US
State
West Virginia
City
I lost the love of my life, my Hubby, John, on June 5, 2017. ALS is a horrible disease...I pray for a cure one day soon....for all diseases. ALS did not beat John....John beat ALS....with his smile, his determination, his strive to live each and every day with joy, and not sorrow! Even his last day...he was so strong! Not onetime did John ever say "why me"! John was so brave....truly my Hero!! I can't tell you how much I love and miss him....there's not enough words! Yes, I still cry everyday...but he's with me everyday, every hour, every min and second....for he's always in my heart! We had almost 36 years...together! The love we've had before and during his illness...was unwavering! I thank GOD for every second we had together! Through it all we cried at times, we joked, and we laughed....but mostly we lived....ALS did not win...we did!!

I just wanted everyone to know about this amazing man, my Hubby, love of my life...my John....and how I was so lucky to call him mine! He's walking now....no, I'd say he's running! Praise the Lord!!!

GOD BLESS you all, your in my prayers!
Love to all,
Sheila

Always thinking of you. Many hugs!!!'

Joan

Sheila, I am so sorry for your loss of your husband. What a lovely tribute you posted. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

So sorry for your loss.

Angie

Sheila, I am so very sorry for your profound loss. Your tribute to John is lovely. Finding a love that strong and long is a rare thing. I'm glad you've had that to sustain you and know that it will continue to as you journey on. Peace to you.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Sheila, but happy that you can see John running still.

Best,
Laurie

I'm so very sorry for your loss xxx

God bless you and your family, Sheila. John is running free!

It wonderful that you have your faith to carry you thru, my thoughts are with you, and my God continue to hold you in the palm of his hand. Love and hugs Gem

I am so sorry, many hugs to you
Adriana

Sheila, my heart goes out to you. So very sorry for your loss.

Hi Sheila,

I'm right there with you. I lost my husband of 44 years on June 8,2017 so you see I know exactly how you're feeling. My husband, JC had bulbar onset and lived 13 months after diagnosis. Looking back, I know it had started way before diagnosis but, we had no idea that what he was experiencing was so serious.

Our faith is strong but damn it still hurts so bad sometime. I'm sending you my deepest sympathy for your great loss. I thank God that I was loved by him every day.

Let's talk again.
Louise

Louise, I'm so very sorry for your loss, so very sorry! Like you and your JC, we knew something was wrong, but never dreamed it was ALS. John lived a little over 16 months after being diagnosed. I made videos of John and us...laughing...living! I'm so thankful I did.....I watch them constantly! I loss my Mother, who lived with us, unexpectedly, 19 days before I loss my John....I lean on the Lord..a lot! My John is walking now..he hadn't walked for over a year! John and my Mother are always with me...always! So many who lossed love ones and to ALS...I pray for a cure...please Lord let it be now!

Louise, I pray GOD wraps HIS loving arms around you and your family...and gives you all comfort! I'm praying for you all!

Love and prayers
Sheila

Sorry for your loss.

Your John is whole again...my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back