Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Pittsburgh
Hello all, I'm finally asking I've been a long time lurker and I can't help but ask your opinion now. I've been worrying about ALS since January of 2016. I was 18 then and not I just turned 20. For almost a year and a half I was worried about atrophy between my thumb and forefinger, but I finally cleared myself of that through reading these boards and understanding weakness would come first.

So here we are today since December of 2016 I've had perceived drinking issues and speech issues. I originally though fluids were going up my nose. But the I read that usually bulbar ALS starts mostly with speech issues. Like the words asked, masked, any thing that ends in a s and the following word starting with a s. I keep thinking there slurred speech even though my mother yells at me that there isn't. I was worried too because my lips are longer on one side and I'm scared they're atrophying as well.

I'm also worried my tongue is deviated to one side when I protrude it from my mouth.. It doesn't look straight at all. I've never seen a neuro in all this time and I was starting I guess health anxiety when I started worrying about ALS and my PCP doesn't take me seriously in my opinion. I'm trying to schedule an appointment for a neurologist soon.

I just would like any of your opinions on the matter. I'm extremely scared and worried I could have ALS. Thank you in advance.

Multi id closed

What you have is crippling health anxiety that can relate to other issues as well. Get it/them treated (your PCP can refer you) and you can feel much better and live more fully. Don't waste the abilities that others here would give a great deal to have.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back