Diagnosis
02/2016
Country
US
State
texas
City
katy
Mawe, I read your post and your husband stage is the same as my husband....How long has he been like that?
I called his mom yesterday, thinking the end is approaching.... Maybe I am just too scared.
He is now in and out of sleep, and can't control his sphincters so we are thinking to start using diapers.
He can't communicate and has sometimes the look of been lost not knowing what he wants or needs. I ask him several times for him to give me a sign of yes or not but even that is difficult.
Cals that lost the loved one, How I know the end is getting closer?... My parents are sick and I was thinking to go and see them. They live in south America, and just take a week, but I am afraid to do anything.
I am so lost, so sad

Re: CALS Roll Call Continued

adrivtham, I am sorry to hear your parent's are ill. Sending hugs your way!

It might be helpful if you add more about his condition. Does he have feeding tube? Does he have non-invasive ventilation? How long has he been in and out of sleep and looking lost. Has he been bed bound for a while? How is his breathing? Is he on Hospice?

Sorry I am asking so many questions. Some of these can help us better understand the situation.

Re: CALS Roll Call Continued

Hi soonerwife thank you for answering,
He has feeding tube, uses non invasive ventilation (trilogy) most of the time. He is in hospice (at home), but honestly they don't say much.
He is between his chair and in bed most of the time. He looks lost. I ask him if he wants to go to the bathroom (the way we sort of communicate is thumbs up for yes and thumbs down for no) but he has hard time to even looking at me and he can't decide. It is sooo hard and sad

Mod note: Moved to own thread so these questions don't get lost in the general CALS updates.

Adrivtham, the leading reasons to believe the end might be near would be increasing confusion, changes in sleep that continue to progress, difficulty getting enough/expelling air, new loss of bladder/bowel control, loss of communication interest/ability, reduced intake of liquid and food. A lot of this is in the mind as well -- his readiness to go.

Unfortunately, you will have to evaluate which would trouble you more -- losing a parent or losing your husband without being there.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back