Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Amherst
My wife, PALS, has been taking Riluzole for about a month. Two weeks into it the nausea started. She has a few crackers just prior to the pill and that helped for a while but now the nausea is 24/7. ANy suggestions?

For those who have stuck with the Riluzole, how long did the nausea last?

John

Is she having liver tests? If I remember correctly when starting it is tests every month for the first 3 months then every three months for a year then annually. I am concerned that the nausea came after a couple of weeks and is getting worse. Please get a test today if she has not just had them. Please call your neuro. Very important. Don't wait.

My experience ( which was mild) was nausea for the first couple of weeks then went away. Btw fat interferes with riluzole so a fat free food with it would be preferable if this turns out to be some other issue and she stays on it

Forum members agree that each person is different. Riluzole, in my case, produced no side effects whatsoever. Nausea 24/7 does seem unusual.

I took it for about three weeks, then nausea started to the point where I quit taking it. It took three days after stopping before I started feeling OK again.

My brother took it for about 3 weeks and was in bed for the last week of it. Didn't eat for about 4 days. He went off it and felt better right away. It just didn't work for him.

I took it for a month and could not tolerate it. Nauseous and tired.
When I stopped, it took several days before I felt better.

I only take it once a day, before bed because of the nausea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back