Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
us
State
ca
City
vacaville
I have drop foot started 2 weeks ago had a normal mri and nerve conduction test and emg. But Im going crazy thinking I have ALS cause now I have all these symtoms my legs age twitching i feel shaky and my foot is numb the Neurologist said is peroneal neropathy. Please can symtoms come on this fast.

Hi
Numbness is not a symptom of als and you have a clean EMG, your doctor has given you a different diagnosis. Given all that it's not looking like als. It's important to trust your doctor so if you are not reassured your best bet is to get another medical opinion.

In direct answer to your question speed of onset differs for each of us.

I hope that helps

Wendy

Yes He said I have peroneal neurophathy he did say I had a 90% chance of recovery Im so sorry my anxiety is getting the best of me. Thank you for answeing me God Bless you

Peroneal neuropathy

I was diagnosed with foot drop due to peroneal neuropathy I'm driving my self crazy with fear. My neurologist said my emg was fine I have recently had wt loss surgery and lost 92 pounds in 6 months that could be the cause my food is number I can move my foot side to side stand on my tippy toes no weakness anywhere else but fear is taking over my life. I have had a clean MRI and will be s3ing my Dr for anxiety meds please some one reassure me I do not have als please I am suffering my fear is driving me out of my mind

Mod note: Please continue posting in original thread. It helps members view history in order to provide the most appropriate advice.

While I understand your fear of having a dreadful disease, I think it's important that you do not continue to seek to relieve your anxiety from people who are suffering from the disease themselves. Wendy has provided you with reassurance already, as has your doctor. The kind of panic you are experiencing is not relieved by strangers on the internet. Your doctor and/or a therapist can help you with anxiety and panic as you work to rehabilitate your nerve damage. Please understand the folks here are real and are suffering from serious health complications of their own. The time they take to reassure someone who does not have ALS is precious.

I wish you well in your healing and therapy.

Last edited:
Atcollins you wrote,

"Please can symptoms come on this fast?"

Answer... NO!

You also wrote,

"Please some one reassure me I do not have ALS please I am suffering my fear is driving me out of my mind.

Answer... NO, you do not have ALS.

Finally, you wrote,

" Im so sorry my anxiety is getting the best of me."

Answer... No kidding! You've given yourself a confirmed diagnosis of your problem.

Let your doctor give you the answers you are over anxious for (it's not ALS) and treat your "peroneal neuropathy" causing foot drop. ?

Peroneal neuropathy

I posted a few days ago ago about my fear and anxiety getting the best of me and I want to say thank you to those that answered me. I still have drop foot but everyday it seems to be getting slightly better. Still very numb in my big toe but I am able to lift my toes now. The internet is a awful thing for people like me who suffer from major anxiety. Like I mentioned before I have just recently lost 92# in 6 months and I think my body is just in shock I have never been this thin so I'm getting a lot of new pains my fat used to cushion. I just want to say thank you and god bless all of you and your journey in life.

Mod note: Please post in your original thread in order to keep your posting history in one place for members to view easily.

Peroneal neuropathy

I posted a few days ago about my Perry O'Neill neuropathy and my anxiety issues I have sense saying a therapist and I'm on anti anxiety meds however I'm still having these weird sensations I have my drop foot in my right leg I wanted to know if when I sit down I can tap my foot but I don't know if I'm doing that because I'm sitting down using my heel or what but I can do that I can step on my tippy toe still and I also wanted to know I get this weird sensation down my left arm and then this morning I woke up with my two fingers my point or in my thumb were like like they were asleep still there fine now I just want to know I had my EMG test done and he said there was no signs of the twitching so he told me that it's not als its. You'll neuropathy but everytime I looked at up all I find his als and I'm very nervous does any of this sound like als I'm doing all these tests and now my muscles

Please continue posting in your original thread. It helps people see your posting history all in one place. Please do not open another thread.

Re: Peroneal neuropathy

Please for you own mental health log off here and get to a counselor. You don't have ALS and you are just making yourself crazy by looking up symptoms for it. Dr's aren't treating you for anxiety just for the hell of it. That is a big root of your problem. We have been polite to you but we are not Dr's and are basically just knowledgeable about ALS symptoms. Please take the rest of your questions to a qualified doctor. If you don't trust the one you are going to get a second opinion. It's not really fair to keep asking us questions. We answered you already and tried to help all we can. It's really in your best interest and everyone elses if you would just politely move on. You don't belong here because you don't have ALS. Thank you and best of luck getting your anxiety in check.

hello again I'm really sorry to keep bothering you guys I know I was diagnosed with peronral neuropathy but when I had my nerve conduction test and emg the doctor only put the needle in the one leg that was affected and it was only for like ten minutes since then the numbness has gone away most just my big toe. Now I'm having. A lot of lower back pain that starts at my butt goes down my outer thigh and outer calf and still can't lift my foot. The reason why I'm so panic is because I am a single mom with a 4 year old I've never had anything like this happen to me my leg does seem a liitle weak probably from all the test i been doing but my muscles are sore but my balance is a little off probably anxiety I know but do u think a ten minute emg is long enough to say no als I won't bother anymore just need some answers I see my neurologist on the 12 of July.

"I won't bother anymore just need some answers. I see my neurologist on the 12 of July."

Here's the best answer... July 12th.

You are making your anxiety worse by being here. ALS is not about weird feelings numbness or back pain. Anxiety in itself can cause lots of problems. Give your doctors a chance to help you with your diagnosis.

10 minutes is fine for the EMG of your foot. I went in for my first EMG because of foot drop in my right foot. Because of the results they got in the first few minutes they expanded the test to cover lots of other areas. Your doctors didn't see results for als.

Get some assistance from your GP while you are waiting to help your anxiety. Try to stay away from internet searches that will trigger more concerns in the meantime. I wish you luck for the 12th

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back