Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
OK
City
Sand Springs
Has anyone utilized this machine by a company called Amp Coil? Someone who uses the machine for other health issues showed it to my husband this past weekend and said it may be helpful to him. The guy isn't a sales person, just overheard his diagnosis and had him look at it.

It's at least a $7k machine. If this seems positive, of course I am willing to try it for him... Anything for him. However, if there is enough feedback on it to show it useless, then I would rather know that.

It doesn't claim to be a cure, just a therapy that slows progression.

www.ampcoil.com

Only listing that site for informational purposes that someone might understand it better than me. I tried, but it goes well above my head.

Thanks,
Shannon

A Pubmed search generates results for some positive study outcomes in Parkinsons Disease and Multiple Sclerosis with PEMF. It was applied to the heads of the patients. No studies that included neuromuscular disease with PEMF were found.

The science [sic] on the Web site is gobbledygook. It's impossible to fully blind these things so any positive studies would be suspect unless there were more than subjective measures.

That's what I feel about it. My husband said that he "spoke" into the machine and it detected Lyme's. Well that's one of the first blood tests that was done. He doesn't have Lyme's. I understand that it mimics bulbar onset therefore since the machine uses your voice to detect problems, that is more than likely why it picked up on Lyme's.

Hub's talked to the owner of the company last night and that is when my gut got a knot. The guy said " oh, my so and so had ALS. They gave her 3 months to live and after using this machine regularly, she lived 12 years"

Van asked him what onset of ALS did she have? He said he didn't know that. Van said "well I have bulbar onset ALS which is the most aggresive"

That guy didn't miss a beat and said " yeah! That's the one that she had"

Shouldn't he have known that about his family member? Especially if he is using it as a success story? It hit me like a used car salesman. Lol.

My Hubs is so hopeful about anything that sounds great... Even before ALS. I am the sceptic and it's a good thing.

Shannon

I would try not to let him do it, both for the money, hope, wasted time, etc. as for a dangerous precedent given all the ways he will find on the net to be separated from money as a PALS in future.

Maybe phrase it as there are many PALS who try many things, so you would see it everywhere on sites other than the sales site, if this really worked. But also offer some concrete things like PT, massage, swimming, travel, having family in, investment in any hobbies that will still be valid later, that can have both physical and psychological benefits.

I'll take the title of local electronics expert.

Pls don't throw real money at the Ampcoil fraud.

I normally wouldn't get in the way of a PALS wanting to find hope in anything, anything at all. But $7k could hurt. A week in Paris would be better. Eat at the patio of the Trocadero restaurant, with the Eiffel Tower as your view. Or just mail the money to me and I'll go.

It's very sad that these people are around every corner. If we collected all the money that was being spent on Lyme Disease in PALS, we'd be able to run our own clinical trial. There is always SOME lab, some doctor, some salesman that will tell you they can cure ALS.

I even had a friend try to sell me an infrared blanket. I found out that it was contraindicated in MS and "certain other illnesses." She said it would make my muscles stronger. Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back