Other
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Cleveland
Hello,

Thank you for helping us in dire need of your expertise. For the last two months I have had burning skin sensation in my legs mostly by my shin bones, but it travels to my hands nd back. I also have experienced the pins and needles feeling and I have had MRI of Spine and Brain and it came back normal. All blood work also has come back normal. Now I have experienced twitching in my legs, eyes, and lately I am experiencing it persistent all day in my right hand I wake up in middle of the night and both of my hands are stiff and numb mostly ring finger and pinky. I also have a feeling of weak legs but I will do body squats and run up steps without any issues. Also for 8 weeks my left shoulder feels hot and dull pain and tricep twitches no weakness as far as i can tell. Biggest ALS concern is that my body is starting twitching all over the place randomly and its scaring me to death. Does this sound like ALS. I email my MS Neuro and he said based on strenght tests and MRI plus Optic Nurve test he highly doubts its MS or SLS.I truly appreciate your time to read this I am 29 years old bithday coming up April 10th. Thank you so much for your precious time.

My ALS symptoms started 3 years ago this month, official diagnosis Sept 2015. The ONLY symptom your are displaying are the twitches. But even healthy people have twitches. As you are "feeling" muscle weakness, as I lifted 3 days a week and also did some form of cardio 5 days a week, I'd ask, at your 29 yrs of age are your routines getting stronger or digressing? My diagnosis came from the Cleveland Clinic, visit ALS.org or MDA.org for a complete list of symptoms. Dull or hot pain, burning, pin & needles, and stiffness (very early on) are NOT ALS signs. Wishing you the best!

DANR, twitching is so common to so many conditions, that it is not diagnostic of any condition.

Profound weakness without feeling weak. Got any of that?

No i dont feel week just left shoulder pain and burning skin sensation. My leges just feel heavy but the strenght is there. Also I might be causing the twitching by concentrating on twitching and freaking out. Honestly IdK.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. Also does the twitching with ALS tennd to be centralized? Mine will twitch left shoulder right leg right shoulder left leg its all over

Yesterday my left eye and back twitched all day. I do NOT have ALS.

My husband has ALS. He didn't feel weak. His tongue and his legs just don't work.

I an sorry if I seem ignorant. Is facial tightness feeling a sign of ALS also how long does twitching last like on my right hand it has stopped and moved to other body parts. Again truly appreciate your time and support.

Hi facial tightness isn't a sign of ALS. You mention pins and needles burning sensation pain and numbness feeling weak. I didn't have any of those symptoms. You don't have any clinical weakness and your neuro doesn't think ALS is likely.

You really need to have a sit down with your doctor and ask what they think is likely? If they have ruled out als with your tests ask them what diagnostic route they are going to take next and why. It's very important you work with your doctor and not try to direct the tests at als. They are the experts by all means ask them lots of questions, because I don't think you will be totally reassured until they can explain exactly why they think it's not als.

Good luck

Wendy

Thank you wendy. I would like them to do an EMG test. I hope thats not the case I am 29 and just married. Is pain or burning a sign of ALS and also when you do Twitch is it usually at the same spot for a extended period of time or more all over shoulders, thigh leg muscles, arms deal. Truly value your input

If someone else could add a bit of input I would greatly appreciate it

You've received a lot of input already from our knowledgeable folks. Your next stop is a follow up with your doctor to discussion your symptoms, not ask "do I have ALS." They are pretty good at knowing what types of tests to order. From what you describe it doesn't sound like ALS is on the table for you, or remotely in the picture.

Hi
Can't really help with the twitches, because I didn't have any noticeable twitching til well after my EMG and a month or so after my probable diagnosis. No pain and burning are not usually an early sign of als. Honestly the best person to help you is your doctor.

Wendy

Your doctors and several people here have all reassured you that it doesn't sound like ALS. The people here have also provided some great advice about how to approach your doctor to try to find out why you are experiencing your symptoms. What other sort of input are you looking for? Is there something specific?

While you must be anxious about your symptoms, the only person to help you track down the cause is your doctor. They are in charge of observing your symptoms and conducting the appropriate tests.

Im curious if twitching travels mine is on both legs righ hand and both shoulders. Also my leg thigh muscles feel week like i worked out example leg curls but I haven't. When I walk down stairs right leg feels heavy and like its going give out. Now if that doesnt sound like ALS i will feel very very good. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back