Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
Levittown
I would like to start of by saying I did read the stickies and I am aware of the difference between clinical weakness and perceived weakness. For the last 6 months I'd say it all started when I realized that walking down the stairs, my legs were very shaky for some reason. Also, when waking up in bed and trying to prop myself up my arms would shake. Thought it may just be a dehydration issue but it has not gone away and may have even gotten a little worse either that or I'm just giving it more focus now. I understand ALS is clinical weakness but don't most cases start by someone complaining they just couldn't do certain movements like they used to? I've also been having minor twitching all over my body. Health insurance is screwed up so I'm looking here for some sort of peace of mind.

No, Gavin, ALS weakness manifests with someone flat out unable to do certain movements. I would look to your diet (particularly electrolytes), sleep, stress and bodywork that elongates those shaking muscles. If the symptoms worsen, your internist can evaluate you and get any labs that are indicated.

Best,
Laurie

I am no Doctor, but I can say I have experienced just what you described and it turned out to be stress, too much caffine, poor diet, and lack of sleep. I was concerned at the time about MS because my sister in law had been diagnosed and it was sort of a "condition du jour" at that time. The Doctor chuckled and said "I think you have 'work and school student". He was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back