Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I've only ever written here in a state of panic.
This time it's different.

This forum, and the pinned post 'Do I have ALS?', have made me realize the anxiety that I have over inheriting FALS. I found the post last time i was wrapped up in fear, and it made me realize that anxiety was the culprit for my symptoms.

Fast forward to today. I have been in a bad place in my head for a month or so...getting wrapped up in anxiety, and believing symptoms were present. I remembered this post. I searched for it, and reading it brought me such relief!
Thank you, to all of you, that take the time to help strangers. Having watched so many people in my family be taken down by ALS, has greatly affected my quality of life, as ridiclous as that sounds. That one, well-constructed post gives me the smack in the face that I need.

Thank you, to all of you.

Hi, Mom! Good to hear from you. Glad you're not in a panic. I remember you well.

You're always welcome here. But, of course, I hope you never have a reason to be here.

Wishing you and yours the best.

Glad you are doing well

As I recall your family is C9orf72. Trials for gene blocking therapy are supposed to be on track to start within a year according to what I was told. Hoping it is so

There is nothing ridiculous about having your quality of life affected by losing so many family members to ALS. I too am glad you are not in a panic, and I wish you a long a healthy life.

Thank you Mike, Nikki, and Lenore.
Nikki, I know nothing about gene blocking. I'll have to do some research. Thanks for the info - I'll look into it! :)

And again, thank you. This is such a helpful place for me. Xo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back