Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
NV
City
Las Vegas
A few weeks ago my husband died, just days before our 23rd wedding anniversary. I still can't believe it. I am so sad, so angry. I'm 51 and a widow. My kids don't have a father. I don't know what our lives will be like without him.

He was diagnosed with progressive bulbar palsy in December 2015, and I knew that he wouldn't be with us long. But still, I was shocked when he died. I screamed at him and begged him not to leave me, but he left. I just want him back.

He died at home like he wanted. He refused medical intervention. He is not suffering anymore. But our family suffers. My son wants his dad at his high school graduation in June. My daughter pretends that all is normal when she is up pain.

When will this sadness lessen???

My heart is broken. 💜

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Are you seeing any kind of grief counsellor? I would strongly recommend this as you need to work through so much pain and we all need help.

So sorry to hear of your loss, Bexlil. I know you are still in the keen part of grief, and it seems impossible that you will ever not feel sad and angry. But as each day goes by, you will edge closer to the peace of knowing that your husband passed as he wished and what your family had together can still be the foundation for your path forward, each of you. As Tillie says, get whatever help you need for yourself and the kids, and keep talking with each other.

Best,
Laurie

I'm so sorry. Prayers and hugs for you and your family.

Deb

I am so sorry. Wishing you peace and comfort

So sorry for your loss. I will be in your shoes in several months. I don't know how I will react when it actually happens. It seems nothing prepares you for that moment. I think what is most shocking about death is how final it is.

So sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for you and your children. Keeping him at home shows that you have what it takes to carry on. Prayers for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. May your memories keep your husband/father alive in your hearts.

My deepest sympathy to you and your children. Hoping for comfort and strength to carry you through this terrible time.

So sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry. I wish I could find words that would ease the pain in your heart and soul. The pain of your loss and the pain you feel for your children may just be to much for you right now. Like Tillie said, a grief counselor may be able to help you some. You and your children are in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself.

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you strength and comfort in this difficult time.

Sharon

So sorry for your loss Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back