Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
Uni
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
My family is in the process of moving to a more accessible home... we are preparing for future needs w/bedroom and bath on main floor... we are exploring the possibility of a chair platform lift in the front living room to the basement or one in the rear of the house next to the deck... so I am able go from one floor to the other.... we live in Pennsylvania... My concern is that an inside unit will take up too much living space... the architect is pushing for inside unit... where I initially feel that an outside unit will be less instrusive to my home and family.. How important is it to have a unit like this inside vs outside... If I am being transported...does it matter if I will be outside an additional minute or two by using an outside lift vs an inside lift.... open to all opinions and experiences that you can share.

We put a porch lift in the garage. Our house is only about 18" above the ground but it works perfect! My husband gets in and out of the van and doesn't get wet if raining. We have a double garage so the van & the lift fits very nice.

I guess I am confused if you are moving why you would get a multi-level home...but if you are going to have a lift, I would consider the worst case scenario in terms of weather and the lift breaking.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back