Learn about ALS
Country
PT
State
Lisbon
City
Lisbon
You can see it it the link below... just to not start again the history
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...ug-addicted-10years-twitching.html#post378734

Well hope everything ok with all you and thanks for the last answers...

Let me make an update ( and Im sorry if this not sounds really ALS .. but you will understand I hope so )

The symptoms remain the same. I think the tremors are more generalized by the body.
I honestly do not know if I can call fasciculations, because I have seen some videos and they are well foreshadowed, although I feel the muscles moving themselves is not very aggressive and they are never at the same time or rarely. To understand if I have muscular weakness I continue to exercise and I always keep the same level.

As I was a drug user I confirm that I have teething problems and on the left lateral side below I do not have teeth. In the upper part I have. I mean with this being that I am very nervous I am always without noticing and biting the side of the tongue, this for years. Now of course, with concern I notice that this part of the tongue has a very slight constant tremor that I do not even feel it. Is this some symptom of ALS? I also notice that the language muscle is not totally stopped and I have been testing the whole family (they already call me crazy) and I realize that their tongues also have spasms, that is, the muscle always ends up being in motion. So, any update on your part? This all started from March 2016 and if they re-read my other post, they understand that I am hyper hypochondriac. I've had AIDS, I've had cancer, I've had everything and everything (but I've never been diagnosed until now), it does not mean that someday is not the day. I look forward to your help, thank you.

Re: I had another post it was closed ...

Hello Don,

Have you seen a doctor? Ask a doctor to tell you what is wrong.

Look in a mirror. Move your tongue up, down, left, right. Can you do it?

sorry... google translator sometimes makes errors:

"I also notice that the language muscle is not totally stopped" I mean I notice the tongue has always some kind of movement

I'm not really sure why you're on an ALS forum. I don't think anyone here will be able to help you. What have the doctors told you most recently?

Hi .. Iam here liek everyone. Worried about it and saying my simpthoms
Why you say I should not be in ALS forum?

My concern is more about this .... biting the side of the tongue, this for years. Now of course, with concern I notice ( just last week I never did pay attention on it ) that this part of the tongue has a very slight constant tremor that I do not even feel it. Is this some symptom of ALS? ....
I believe for all you this kind of text may sounds ridicule but please understand thats what I feel... I'm very sorry.
Just need an answer from someone more expert on this

Last edited:
Understanding that having had AIDS and cancer does not mean you do not have ALS, you are not describing it at all. Health anxiety is always treatable to an extent, so please seek such treatment for your own sake.

Best,
Laurie

I dont have aids neither cancer.
As I'm hypocondriac I already had it ( understand the meaning ? )

As I know for what I read you are very very expert on it even knowing you are not doctors.
Could you please give a read at my last post.

Thanks a lot

Tongue biting is not a big indicator of ALS.

From what I understand, you are stating you have worried about having many diseases, but do not actually have them. Your history of drug addiction complicates your situation. Long term serious drug use (and abuse) can affect your central nervous system and cause damage to your brain- which can cause many serious symptoms. It can also cause organ damage.

You need to see a doctor and stop posting on this ALS forum. Your symptoms are serious, but they do not point towards ALS.

The problem is not tongue biting
I was trying to explain that in local where I bit it for years I can see constant tremor
I shake my tongue and I have any kind of weekness

About the rest of your post ShifKicker you are right. I felt good that you understand what I wrote ( sorry for my english ) I do my best.

Don, thank you for writing a good question.

I can answer you.

Remember this: ALS is in the brain. ALS is not in the muscle. ALS is not in the tongue. ALS is not in the arm.

It is only in the brain.

ALS is this: 1) ALS destroys some of the brain. 2) Then the brain can not tell the muscle what to do. 3) The brain can not make the muscle move.

You are moving. Your tongue is moving.

Twitching and tremors and fasiculations can be many things.

You do not have ALS.

Go see your doctor. The doctor will find the problem. It is not ALS.

You do not belong here because you are not describing ALS as we all know it.

Biting the tongue, tremors, weakness, tongue spasms = something may be going on, but it's not ALS

It sounds like you want to convince yourself you have ALS. Your real trouble is with anxiety which can be eased with medication and supported through therapy. You are a confirmed hypochrondriac, and yes, we get the meaning.

Make an appointment now with your primary doctor if these symptoms are truly interfering with your life. You still don't belong on this forum.

Thanks a lot for all the answers
I wish all the best fro all you

Also please do not close my topic again... we never know what can come tomorrow.

My best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back