View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 PM #9 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Newark
State: California
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Newark007 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Newark
State: California
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Newark007 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Concerned that I have symptoms of ALS.

Hey folks, I hope everyone is doing well. I did go to another doctor for a 2nd opinion and he did some strength tests with me. They were all normal, he said he sees good muscle tone and thinks it's just my stress and anxiety. He said if I do start noticing atrophy or muscle wasting and weakness by not being able to use a limb for like simple tasks, then thats when I should come back and be referred to a neurologist. I told him that my twitching feels like they getting worse and spreading. Yesterday my calfs kept twitching and again today and now my arms and thumb are starting to twitch. I am a little bit relieved that 2 doctors and a neurologist over the phone said there's no concern of ALS. But when I keep feeling these twitches it just makes me more anxious and worried. I apologize for coming on here and posting my worries and concerns about this awful disease. I hope all who are suffering from this disease can get a cure and hopefully they can start finding some more medicine to help reverse this thing! I pray for those who have passed and who are currently suffering. May the lord give them strength. Thanks guys. God bless.