Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
WV
City
Southern
She was in multi-system failure, so we discontinued the vent. She died peacefully in her home like she wanted. I will use this post to get on my soapbox one last time concerning vents and trachs. Consider the option carefully and consult a pulmonologist that is connected to an ALS center in some way and understands the disease.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad it was peacefully. Wishing you peace in the coming days.

Sorry for the loss your family is sharing. I am glad she died peacefully at home with her loved ones.

So sorry for your loss. Peaceful passing at home, we can all wish for that. Family surrounded her with love.
God bless
Susan

My condolences on you loss
Wendy x

I'm very sorry for your loss, Gil, and for all the losses on that path. Thank you for contributing your voice of experience here along the way, as well as so much care to her, and of course stop by any time.

Best,
Laurie

My condolences on your loss.

Bill

Oh Gil, your mother's story has been the deepest of nightmares. Using a vent to force someone to stay 'alive' until every other part of their body fails is beyond horror to me and always has been.

Please know that you have to recover and that this will take time. Your family deserve you back now, but you won't just walk back to life as it was before this.

Let yourself recover and heal. I truly hope you find peace quickly, this has been a time with zero peace.

May your mom be flying high and free at last. Much love to you.

My sympathies to you and your family. I hope the knowledge that you gave her her wish to be at home surrounded by loved ones gives you some peace.I support your statement on carefully considering a trach and vent. My husband is on one and the thought that we might have to make the decision to take him off is almost unbearable.

Gil, I am sorry for the loss of your mother and I am happy her passing was peaceful. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Gil, my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Marty

Gil, I'm very sorry for your loss but thankful that your mom passed peacefully.

Gil,

So terribly sorry for your loss.

Steve

I wish for peace for you and your family Gil. She's free now and you will resurface a changed person. I'm sorry for your loss and at the same time, I wish peace and happiness for your future.

tc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back